In recent years, the investment community has grown increasingly concerned about perceived inadequacies in going concern disclosures in financial statements and audit opinions. In an attempt to address some of those concerns, in August the accounting standard setters at the Financial Accounting Standards Board, or FASB, issued new rules related to going concern disclosures that […]
5LINX, a telecommunications company in Rochester, has generated about a $6.7 million return, nearly four times the initial investment, and achieved an approximated 21 percent internal rate of return for the state Common Retirement Fund, according to Comptroller Thomas P. DiNapoli. The fund invested in 5LINX through its In-State Private Equity Program, which seeks profitable […]
NEW YORK — It can help overthrow dictators. But can it make money? Protesters famously used Twitter to organize during the Arab Spring three years ago. President Barack Obama announced his 2012 re-election victory using the short messaging service. Lady Gaga tweets. So does the pope. But for all its power and reach, Twitter gushes […]
Atlanta-based EarthLink Inc. is investing $12 million in the next three years at its new Rochester location at Alexander Park. The commitment, which was celebrated Tuesday with a ribbon-cutting ceremony, will retain approximately 450 local jobs. Alexander Park is just part of EarthLink’s overall investment in the Western New York region, which includes the recent […]
CAIRO — Saudi billionaire Prince Alwaleed bin Talal says he has invested $500 million in General Motors, the U.S. auto giant whose shares returned to trading last week after its bankruptcy and bailout by Washington.
ALBANY — New York’s pension fund for public workers is reporting an 8 percent return on investment in its latest quarter and a market value of nearly $133 billion. The Common Retirement Fund for more than 600,000 employees ...
Yahoo! Inc. recently completed the first phase of its multi-phased investment in Western New York. The company finished construction and opened a new $150 million data center, which state officials said created 125 new high-tech jobs.
DETROIT — General Motors Co. will invest $890 million at five factories to make its V-8 engines more fuel efficient, preserving or creating roughly 1,600 jobs. The automaker planned to announce the investments ...
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Attorney misconduct: Opinion 22-164
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Independently written bench book: Opinion 22-163
- Fourth Department – Suppression: People v. Saeli
- Second Circuit – RICO: Horn v. Medical Marijuana Inc.
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Uncompensated interview: Opinion 22-159
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Uncompensated guest speaker: Opinion 22-158
- Fourth Department – Negligent performance: Rosenthal v. Syracuse University, et al.
- Second Circuit – Visual Artists Rights Act: Kerson v. Vermont Law School Inc.
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Former foreclosure referee: Opinion 22-157
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – College honorarium: Opinion 22-156
- Second Circuit – Reasonable accommodation: Tafolla v. Heilig
- Fourth Department – Labor Law: Primisch v. Peroxychem LLC
- Appeals court upholds Supreme Court ruling
- Assistant district attorney appointed City Court judge by Rochester mayor
- Murder conviction affirmed despite trial judge error
- NY appeals court upholds conviction in burglary case
- Federal lawsuit reinstated against jail officer over strip search, delayed release
- Hyzon to pay $25M penalty to settle alleged fraud charges by SEC
- NY appeals court reinstates lawsuit over contract to remove snow
- Fourth Department affirms $400K judgment in contract dispute