WASHINGTON, D.C. (AP) — The IRS wants its cut from oil spill victims who receive BP payments for lost wages.
In order to reflect the payroll tax opportunities generated under the Hiring Incentives to Restore Employment Act recently signed into law, the IRS issued revised Form 941, Employer’s Quarterly Federal Tax Return as well as the applicable instructions.
The U.S. Supreme Court has declined to take up a closely-watched case asking whether the work product doctrine prevents IRS officials from examining materials prepared by attorneys in support of audited corporate financial statements.
A law firm that was subject to federal tax levies on a partner’s “salary” was required to surrender to the government the funds that it instead paid to the partner as “draws,” the Second Circuit ruled this week in affirming judgment.
WASHINGTON — Here’s a good way to get audited by the Internal Revenue Service this year: claim the new homebuyer tax credit.
The Internal Revenue Service has stepped up audits of taxpayers on both ends of the earning curve, including a 33 percent jump in audits for those earning between $1 million and $5 million per year.
Internal Revenue Code §403(b) addresses the taxability of annuities and/or contracts purchased for employees of public schools, governmental agencies and organizations exempt ...
- Fourth Department – Speedy trial: People v. Jordan
- Fourth Department – Rosario material: People v. Dennard
- Second Circuit – Magnuson-Stevens Act: State of New York v. Raimondo
- Fourth Department – Plea: People v. Davis
- Second Circuit – Revocation of minimum sentence: Bangs v. Walter William Smith, et al.
- Fourth Department – Relation-back doctrine: CHS Inc. v. Land O’Lakes Purina Feed, et al.
- Fourth Department – Unlawful arrest: People v. Burke
- Fourth Department – Attempted criminal possession of a controlled substance: People v. Brown
- Second Circuit – Immigration: Paucar v. Garland
- Fourth Department – Slip and fall: Black v. 465 Payne Avenue
- Second Circuit – Misappropriation of trade secrets: Pauwels v. Deloitte
- Fourth Department – Molineux evidence: People v. Anderson
- N.Y. Court of Appeals reverses murder conviction because of illegal search
- State board approves cannabis lawsuit settlements, paves way for the opening of retail dispensaries
- NY Court of Appeals reverses gun conviction over ineffective counsel
- Split court affirms gun conviction, finding search and arrest were legal
- NY appeals court vacates drug conviction over illegal police search
- Split Court of Appeals strips Police Accountability Board of disciplinary power
- Manslaughter conviction reversed after appeals court finds insufficient evidence
- Rochester-area family sues over compromised medical records