Nine people were killed in Dayton, Ohio, when a gunman opened fire early Sunday at a bar. Here are the stories of the victims. Megan K. Betts: Megan K. Betts was a stellar student, popular with peers and beloved by members of the Bellbrook High School marching band who thought of her as a big […]
A gunman opened fire inside a crowded bar late Wednesday in Thousand Oaks, California, killing 12 people, including a sheriff’s deputy who had rushed inside to confront the shooter, authorities said. The gunman was later found dead inside. The gunfire erupted as people were line dancing on “College Country Night” at Borderline Bar and Grill, […]
At least three people were dead and 11 injured after a gunman opened fire Sunday afternoon during a video game tournament in Florida that drew professional players from around the world. The gunman, who police said killed himself, is among the dead. The shooting occurred at the Madden NFL 19 competition at Jacksonville Landing, a […]
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. — A legal journey that could mean life or death for the suspect in the Florida airport mass shooting has begun with the appointment of a public defender to represent the Iraq war veteran blamed for killing five people and wounding six more. U.S. Magistrate Judge Alicia Valle told Esteban Santiago, 26, […]
ROCHESTER — Four people remain hospitalized with injuries suffered when someone opened fire outside a Rochester nightclub, killing a 29-year-old man and wounding three other people. Police say the gunfire erupted around 2 a.m. Sunday outside the Mexican Village bar and dance club on State Street. Officials say seven men and one woman were shot. […]
New York will not force a television reporter to tell a Colorado court who told her about a notebook sent to a psychiatrist by James Holmes before he was arrested in connection with the mass shootings in July 2012 at an Aurora theater showing the Batman movie “The Dark Knight Rises.” The state Court of Appeals […]
ALBANY — New York officials are scrambling to negotiate the first new gun control laws in the nation since the mass shooting at Connecticut’s Sandy Hook Elementary School. Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo and the Democrat-led Assembly are pushing again for bans on all assault rifles, high-capacity ammunition magazines and other measures which have been stopped […]
BUFFALO — A former gang member calmly proclaimed his innocence in a roomful of grief-stricken families before being sentenced Thursday to life without parole for shooting eight people outside a downtown restaurant last summer, killing four and leaving a fifth in a coma.
BUFFALO — A Buffalo man was convicted Thursday on charges he opened fire outside a downtown restaurant over the summer, killing four and wounding four others, a verdict that a victim's relative said was "like a weight was lifted."
BUFFALO — The gunman who shot eight partygoers at close range outside a restaurant over the summer targeted the victims, especially a newlywed who's seen on surveillance video cowering from the shooter and then staggering away and dying ...
BUFFALO — Testimony is over in the quadruple murder trial of a Buffalo man accused of opening fire on a crowd outside a downtown restaurant over the summer. Jurors deciding the fate of former gang member Riccardo McCray ...
BUFFALO — Gunshots and screaming can be heard in the background of a 911 call played for jurors as testimony resumed Monday at the quadruple murder trial of a man accused of firing into a crowd of party-goers outside the Buffalo restaurant.
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Review of another judge’s actions: Opinion 22-153
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Charitable contributions: Opinion 22-150
- Second Circuit – Class action settlement: Moses v. The New York Times Company
- Fourth Department – Breach of contract: Hausrath Landscape Maintenance Inc. v. Caravan Facilities Management LLC
- Second Circuit – New York Child Victim’s Act: Kane v. Mount Pleasant CSD; Coe v. Eastport Union Free School
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Appointing law clerk: Opinion 22-149
- Fourth Department – Bill of particulars: Harris v. Rome Memorial Hospital, et al.
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Accusations against co-judge: Opinion 22-148
- Fourth Department – Medicaid: Washington Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing Home v. NYS Dept. of Health
- Fourth Department – Criminal possession of a firearm: People v. Wilson
- Fourth Department – Promoting prostitution: People v. Watts
- Second Circuit – Class certification: Arkansas Teachers Retirement System V. Goldman Sachs Group Inc.
- Fourth Department affirms $400K judgment in contract dispute
- Could legislation limiting non-compete agreements kick off a new era of workplace disputes?
- Fourth Department affirms decision in NY property dispute
- Greenlight Networks selects Buffalo-based attorney as general counsel
- Barclay Damon hires attorney Matt Smith
- Rochester man sues Geneseo police, alleging false arrest, assault
- The Daily Record’s Power List for Intellectual Property 2023
- NY ethics panel says judges can join NRA