Testimony is scheduled to begin in the murder trial of a 78-year-old man charged with fatally bludgeoning a blind Rochester woman in her bed nearly 40 years ago. Willie James Kimble's trial is set to begin Monday in a Rochester court.
WASHINGTON, D.C. — The Supreme Court has ruled against a defendant in a murder trial who wanted to exclude the victim's identifying statements because the accused shooter had no chance to cross-examine the victim.
Tommie Cray was 9 years old in 1947 when his father, a single parent with three sons, brought home a new companion who was raising three boys of her own. Annie Mae had a sweet Southern drawl and an easy laugh, and an emotional bond took hold right away.
BUFFALO — A prosecutor says a former New York television executive on trial for beheading his estranged wife acted out of determination to control her, not in self-defense as he's claimed.
BUFFALO — A former New York television executive accused of beheading his estranged wife has been granted permission to act as his own lawyer for the remainder of his murder trial.
BUFFALO — Four jurors have been seated so far for the second-degree murder trial of a New York television executive charged with beheading his wife. The jurors, all men, are the first of 12 ...
BUFFALO — The lawyer defending a New York husband against charges he beheaded his estranged wife is being asked to clarify his trial strategy. Lawyers in the case involving Muzzammil Hassan ...
BUFFALO — The founder of a Muslim-oriented television station says he doesn't feel safe in jail as he awaits trial on charges he beheaded his wife. Muzzammil Hassan appeared Wednesday at a pretrial conference ...
- Court of Appeals – Speedy trial: People v. Justice A.
- Fourth Department – Traffic stop: People v. McMillon
- Second Circuit – Fair Labor Standards Act: Abbott v. Comme Des Garcons, Ltd.
- Second Circuit – Plea agreements: Cook v. United States
- Fourth Department: Statute of limitations: Marino v. Weiler
- Fourth Department – Nail and mail service: Rebutting presumption of service L&W Supply Corporation v. Built-Rite Drywall Corp, et al
- Fourth Department – Mental Hygiene Law: Charles L. v. State of New York
- Second Circuit – Medicaid and Medicare certification: U.S. ex rel. Quartararo v. Cath. Health Sys. Of Long Island Inc.
- Fourth Department – Waiver of indictment: People v. King
- Fourth Department – Speedy trial: People v. Jordan
- Fourth Department – Rosario material: People v. Dennard
- Second Circuit – Magnuson-Stevens Act: State of New York v. Raimondo
- Split court affirms gun conviction
- N.Y. Court of Appeals reverses gun conviction
- NY board approves cannabis lawsuit settlements, paves way for retail dispensaries
- NY Court of Appeals reverses murder conviction because of illegal police search
- NY Court of Appeals reverses gun conviction over ineffective counsel
- Split court affirms gun conviction, finding search and arrest were legal
- NY appeals court vacates drug conviction over illegal police search
- Split Court of Appeals strips Police Accountability Board of disciplinary power