Sareer Fazili, president of the Islamic Center of Rochester and an attorney at Cellino & Barnes, will discuss the Muslim faith Thursday and take questions during a CLE called Representing Muslim Clients Respectfully and Well. “I’ll be giving a mini-primer on Islam, explaining some of the basics, walking people through some of our most important […]
AMHERST — The New York Police Department’s intelligence-gathering program that scrutinized Muslims included surveillance of students at the University at Buffalo. Members of Buffalo-area law enforcement agencies are joining civil liberties advocates for a public discussion of the questions raised by the NYPD’s aggressive domestic intelligence efforts after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks. The[...]
WASHINGTON — Attorney General Eric Holder told Congress on Thursday he’s disturbed by what he’s read about the New York Police Department conducting surveillance of mosques and Islamic student organizations in New Jersey. Holder’s brief comments represented the most extensive public discussion of the topic to date by anyone in the Obama administration. The administration [&hell[...]
WASHINGTON, D.C. — The Republican congressman who has organized controversial hearings into radical Islam called Muslims "part of the mosaic" of America on Wednesday and said they shouldn't feel threatened or intimidated by his inquiry.
WASHINGTON, D.C. — Rep. Peter King, who will hold hearings this week on Islamic radicalism, is defending his support in the 1980s and 1990s of the Irish Republican Army's political wing. The New York Republican says the IRA and al-Qaida are very different ...
NEW YORK CITY — The questions on the ads aren’t subtle: Leaving Islam? Fatwa on your head? Is your family threatening you? A conservative activist and the organizations she leads have paid ...
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Review of another judge’s actions: Opinion 22-153
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Charitable contributions: Opinion 22-150
- Second Circuit – Class action settlement: Moses v. The New York Times Company
- Fourth Department – Breach of contract: Hausrath Landscape Maintenance Inc. v. Caravan Facilities Management LLC
- Second Circuit – New York Child Victim’s Act: Kane v. Mount Pleasant CSD; Coe v. Eastport Union Free School
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Appointing law clerk: Opinion 22-149
- Fourth Department – Bill of particulars: Harris v. Rome Memorial Hospital, et al.
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Accusations against co-judge: Opinion 22-148
- Fourth Department – Medicaid: Washington Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing Home v. NYS Dept. of Health
- Fourth Department – Criminal possession of a firearm: People v. Wilson
- Fourth Department – Promoting prostitution: People v. Watts
- Second Circuit – Class certification: Arkansas Teachers Retirement System V. Goldman Sachs Group Inc.
- Fourth Department affirms $400K judgment in contract dispute
- Could legislation limiting non-compete agreements kick off a new era of workplace disputes?
- Fourth Department affirms decision in NY property dispute
- Greenlight Networks selects Buffalo-based attorney as general counsel
- Barclay Damon hires attorney Matt Smith
- Rochester man sues Geneseo police, alleging false arrest, assault
- The Daily Record’s Power List for Intellectual Property 2023
- NY ethics panel says judges can join NRA