A New York man has been sentenced to life in prison in the shooting death of a college professor found at the bottom of a ravine last winter. At sentencing in Rochester on Tuesday, 29-year-old Jerrell Henry continued to deny involvement in the death of 73-year-old Edline Chun. Henry was convicted last month of first-degree […]
James A. Gardner, a State University distinguished professor, has been selected for a 2012-2013 Fulbright U.S. Scholar grant. He will live in Montreal during fall 2012, holding the Fulbright Visiting Research Chair in the Theory and Practice of Constitutionalism and Federalism at McGill University. The title of his project is “Intergovernmental Contestation in Federal Systems,” […]
Two key professors at the University at Buffalo Law School have been elevated to the rank of distinguished professor by the State University of New York board of trustees.
A Food and Drug Administration food advisory committee met in Washington, D.C., last week to hear testimony and examine the effect food dyes have on hyperactivity and ADHD in children. Last Friday, the panel concluded that although more study is needed ...
A university professor has been charged in a deadly hit-and-run crash in Rochester. Rochester Police tell local media that 42-year-old Benjamin Smith left the scene of a crash near Strong Memorial Hospital that fatally injured a 21-year-old man ...
Communities may not be getting the protection they hoped new sex offender laws would afford. They also may not be able to afford the costs of some of the solutions. The enactment and impacts of sex offender laws are explored in a new book ...
Roberts Wesleyan College announced that Elvera Berry, professor of communication and director of the honors program, is the first recipient of Duquesne University’s Spiritan Award for Teaching.
There are teachers who just pass the time until retirement and there are teachers who make a difference. According to many of his colleagues and students, past and present, Monroe Community College’s David Pogue is one of the latter.
- Fourth Department – Bill of particulars: Harris v. Rome Memorial Hospital, et al.
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Accusations against co-judge: Opinion 22-148
- Fourth Department – Medicaid: Washington Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing Home v. NYS Dept. of Health
- Fourth Department – Criminal possession of a firearm: People v. Wilson
- Fourth Department – Promoting prostitution: People v. Watts
- Second Circuit – Class certification: Arkansas Teachers Retirement System V. Goldman Sachs Group Inc.
- Fourth Department – Show-up identification: People v. Waggoner
- Fourth Department – Association: Victory Village Tenants Assoc. v. Evergreen Communities, et al.
- Second Circuit – In personam jurisdiction: Kaplan v. Bank Saderat PLC
- Fourth Department – Labor Law: Verdugo v. Fox Building Group
- Fourth Department – Out-of-possession landlord: Truax v. M.D. Meyer’s Properties
- Fourth Department – Discovery: Sylvester v. Sanders
- Espinosa named general counsel at Greenlight Networks
- Barclay Damon hires attorney Matt Smith
- Rochester man sues Geneseo police, alleging false arrest, assault
- The Daily Record’s Power List for Intellectual Property 2023
- NY ethics panel says judges can join NRA
- Harter Secrest & Emery LLP names partner-in-charge of Buffalo office
- Banned professor sues SUNY Fredonia leaders
- Hochul signs law requiring unemployment insurance information from employers