Acting Mayor R. Carlos Carballada submitted legislation to City Council this week, requesting authorization to enter into a 25-year water exchange agreement with the Monroe County Water Authority.
Newly elected Mayor Thomas S. Richards is wasting no time getting to work. And there is no shortage of work to be done. Richards, who won a special election Tuesday with 49 percent of the votes, met Wednesday with R. Carlos Carballada, who has been acting mayor since mid-January.
R. Carlos Carballada would like to move past the question of his authority as acting mayor, but there may be another challenge on the horizon. Monroe County Supreme Court Justice John J. Ark on Monday ...
The city charter needs to be reworked, particularly the part about filling a vacancy in the mayor’s office. That is pretty much agreed by the parties involved in a civil suit challenging the Rochester City Council’s failure to appoint ...
Acting Mayor R. Carlos Carballada today released a master plan for the continued revitalization of the JOSANA Neighborhood in Northwest Rochester.
- Fourth Department – Bill of particulars: Harris v. Rome Memorial Hospital, et al.
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Accusations against co-judge: Opinion 22-148
- Fourth Department – Medicaid: Washington Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing Home v. NYS Dept. of Health
- Fourth Department – Criminal possession of a firearm: People v. Wilson
- Fourth Department – Promoting prostitution: People v. Watts
- Second Circuit – Class certification: Arkansas Teachers Retirement System V. Goldman Sachs Group Inc.
- Fourth Department – Show-up identification: People v. Waggoner
- Fourth Department – Association: Victory Village Tenants Assoc. v. Evergreen Communities, et al.
- Second Circuit – In personam jurisdiction: Kaplan v. Bank Saderat PLC
- Fourth Department – Labor Law: Verdugo v. Fox Building Group
- Fourth Department – Out-of-possession landlord: Truax v. M.D. Meyer’s Properties
- Fourth Department – Discovery: Sylvester v. Sanders
- Espinosa named general counsel at Greenlight Networks
- Barclay Damon hires attorney Matt Smith
- Rochester man sues Geneseo police, alleging false arrest, assault
- The Daily Record’s Power List for Intellectual Property 2023
- NY ethics panel says judges can join NRA
- Harter Secrest & Emery LLP names partner-in-charge of Buffalo office
- Banned professor sues SUNY Fredonia leaders
- Hochul signs law requiring unemployment insurance information from employers