ALBANY — Opponents of a casino planned for New York’s Finger Lakes have gathered at the state Capitol to urge gambling regulators to reject the project. Speakers at Tuesday’s protest of the Lago Resort and Casino called on the state’s Gaming Commission to withhold a casino license from the facility in Tyre, arguing it will […]
ALBANY — About 2,000 opponents of a natural-gas drilling process that involves blasting chemical-laden water deep into the ground rallied outside New York’s Capitol on Monday as a new statewide poll showed a slight increase among voters who are against it. The Siena College poll of about 800 registered voters showed 44 percent opposed to […]
Sheriee Jones said gun violence has claimed the lives of some of her friends. Instead of sitting on the sidelines, she attended a rally Wednesday at City Hall in support of New York’s stricter gun laws, carrying a sign reading “SAFE Act = Common Sense.” “A lot of youths have been taken down because of […]
ALBANY — Thousands of opponents of New York’s new gun control law gathered Thursday at the statehouse to lobby lawmakers and rally against measures they say infringe on their constitutional right to bear arms. Two lines in the morning stretched through the underground concourse of Empire State Plaza in downtown Albany, with a mass of […]
Assemblyman Bill Reilich, R,C,I-Greece, is inviting Second Amendment advocates, sportsmen, businesses and constituents to join him at NY2A Day in Albany on Feb. 28 for a rally to protect the Second Amendment. Throughout the day, participants from across the state will meet with their representatives regarding provisions of the NY SAFE Act and attend a […]
Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo was to be in Greece this morning to join Rep. Louise Slaughter for a special event rally at 10 a.m. at Local 13 Plumbers & Pipefitters Hall, 1850 Mt. Read Blvd. N. The event is free and open to the public. Doors open at 9:15 a.m.
While company leadership was in bankruptcy court Monday morning, Hickey Freeman workers, joined by U.S. Sen. Charles E. Schumer, D-N.Y,, and U.S. Rep. Louise Slaughter, D-Fairport, for a rally in support of the high-end suit maker. The parent company, HMX Group, announced last week it was seeking Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. Although he wouldn’t name […]
Former President Bill Clinton will hold a rally Friday in Rochester in support of Reps. Louise Slaughter and Kathy Hochul. Clinton and Slaughter have worked closely together on a number of landmark initiatives. “I’m excited to welcome my friend President Clinton to Rochester and Monroe County,” Slaughter said in a release. “His visit will remind […]
ALBANY — Supporters of using hydraulic fracturing to produce natural gas have staged a rally and march in Albany. Hundreds of people gathered at the Corning Preserve on the Hudson River and then marched to a park near the Capitol for speeches by elected officials and labor leaders at midday Monday. The technology known as […]
NEW YORK CITY — Gas-drilling opponents are lined up to tell state regulators what they think of proposed rules for natural gas development using hydraulic fracturing. They were rallying Wednesday in Manhattan, where the last of four public hearings on proposed regulations was being held. It’s a hot issue in New York City, which gets […]
ALBANY — A New York state senator who is a high-profile advocate of legalizing gay marriage told supporters Monday that there are still not enough votes in the Republican-controlled Senate to pass the bill. Manhattan Democrat Thomas Duane said all Republican senators ...
ALBANY — Environmental groups from across New York rallied at the state Capitol on Monday, calling on lawmakers to protect the environment and the public against potential hazards related to high-volume hydraulic fracturing for natural gas in the Marcellus Shale region ...
- Fourth Department – Bill of particulars: Harris v. Rome Memorial Hospital, et al.
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Accusations against co-judge: Opinion 22-148
- Fourth Department – Medicaid: Washington Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing Home v. NYS Dept. of Health
- Fourth Department – Criminal possession of a firearm: People v. Wilson
- Fourth Department – Promoting prostitution: People v. Watts
- Second Circuit – Class certification: Arkansas Teachers Retirement System V. Goldman Sachs Group Inc.
- Fourth Department – Show-up identification: People v. Waggoner
- Fourth Department – Association: Victory Village Tenants Assoc. v. Evergreen Communities, et al.
- Second Circuit – In personam jurisdiction: Kaplan v. Bank Saderat PLC
- Fourth Department – Labor Law: Verdugo v. Fox Building Group
- Fourth Department – Out-of-possession landlord: Truax v. M.D. Meyer’s Properties
- Fourth Department – Discovery: Sylvester v. Sanders
- Espinosa named general counsel at Greenlight Networks
- Barclay Damon hires attorney Matt Smith
- Rochester man sues Geneseo police, alleging false arrest, assault
- The Daily Record’s Power List for Intellectual Property 2023
- NY ethics panel says judges can join NRA
- Harter Secrest & Emery LLP names partner-in-charge of Buffalo office
- Banned professor sues SUNY Fredonia leaders
- Hochul signs law requiring unemployment insurance information from employers