Real estate offices and agents are being targeted by a phishing scam using fake Better Business Bureau emails that claim the broker is being investigated, according to a warning from the agency’s national office in Arlington, Va.The scam emails threaten legal action if the receiver doesn’t respond. Links in the emails lead to websites that […]
Increased consumer confidence is showing up in the housing market where sales and the number of new building permits are increasing. Home sales are up for the fifth consecutive quarter, according to Stephen J. Babbitt, president of the Greater Rochester Association of Realtors, who released third-quarter results Friday. The number of quarterly closings increased 7 […]
Two proposed local laws would make it easier for people moving into the Rochester area to find out if a convicted sex offender lives nearby. Sandra Doorley, Democratic candidate for Monroe County district attorney ...
Second quarter statistics released Friday show signs of a housing market returning to a more typical rhythm in the 11-county Genesee region. The median sale price for the second quarter remained flat at $120,000 when compared to last year ...
The Greater Rochester Association of Realtors is taking part this weekend in a nationwide open house Saturday and Sunday. More than 600 individual open houses are scheduled in the greater Rochester area.
Better weather is expected to provide a sunnier outlook for the local housing market, which saw a sharp decline in sales from the end of last year, but is relatively on par with the first quarter of 2011.
Nothnagle Realtors is now operating in Central New York. The company announced Thursday the launch of Nothnagle Realtors, Moss Ansteth Associates, a franchise in Onondaga County owned and managed by Aaron Moss and Stephen Ansteth.
Nothnagle Realtors will open its new branch at 202 Main St., Dansville, on Aug. 26. Nothnagle announced its merger with The Edmond Agency last month, enabling the company to operate a third location in Livingston County and its first in Dansville. The transition is complete, according to a release, and nine agents will work out […]
Nothnagle recently merged with The Edmond Agency of Dansville in Livingston County, the offices announced jointly on Tuesday.
What is billed as the uber-technology Realtors have been waiting on will debut soon, promising to forever change the way agents access residential and commercial property information.
WASHINGTON, D.C. — The National Association of Realtors spent $5.6 million lobbying the federal government in the 2009 fourth quarter as it pressed for measures to aid the hobbled housing market, according to a recent disclosure form.
The Greater Rochester Association of Realtors expects more than 300 real estate professionals will converge today at the Downtown Hyatt a day-long career development and networking conference.
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Review of another judge’s actions: Opinion 22-153
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Charitable contributions: Opinion 22-150
- Second Circuit – Class action settlement: Moses v. The New York Times Company
- Fourth Department – Breach of contract: Hausrath Landscape Maintenance Inc. v. Caravan Facilities Management LLC
- Second Circuit – New York Child Victim’s Act: Kane v. Mount Pleasant CSD; Coe v. Eastport Union Free School
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Appointing law clerk: Opinion 22-149
- Fourth Department – Bill of particulars: Harris v. Rome Memorial Hospital, et al.
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Accusations against co-judge: Opinion 22-148
- Fourth Department – Medicaid: Washington Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing Home v. NYS Dept. of Health
- Fourth Department – Criminal possession of a firearm: People v. Wilson
- Fourth Department – Promoting prostitution: People v. Watts
- Second Circuit – Class certification: Arkansas Teachers Retirement System V. Goldman Sachs Group Inc.
- Fourth Department affirms $400K judgment in contract dispute
- Could legislation limiting non-compete agreements kick off a new era of workplace disputes?
- Fourth Department affirms decision in NY property dispute
- Greenlight Networks selects Buffalo-based attorney as general counsel
- Barclay Damon hires attorney Matt Smith
- Rochester man sues Geneseo police, alleging false arrest, assault
- The Daily Record’s Power List for Intellectual Property 2023
- NY ethics panel says judges can join NRA