ORLANDO, Fla. — Research In Motion unveiled a lower-cost BlackBerry aimed at consumers in emerging markets on Tuesday, stepping up its efforts to regain market share lost to Apple’s iPhone and Android devices powered by Google’s software. The lower-cost gadget, called the Q5, is the company’s third smartphone to run the new BlackBerry 10 system. […]
A U.S. arbiter for trade disputes is delaying a ruling on Eastman Kodak Co.’s high-stakes patent-infringement claim against smartphone makers Apple Inc. and Research in Motion Ltd. The embattled photography pioneer is trying to negotiate a licensing deal it estimates could be worth up to $1 billion. An administrative judge overseeing the two-year dispute at […]
ROCHESTER — Innovation turned Eastman Kodak Co. into one of the world’s most recognizable brands. Imitation by its rivals might help keep the picture-taking pioneer from fading into history. The company is looking for a lucrative patent-infringement triumph this week ...
A federal agency said Thursday it will spend an extra week reviewing Eastman Kodak Co.'s potentially lucrative patent claim against tech giants Apple Inc. and Research in Motion Ltd. The U.S. International Trade Commission ...
After years of wading through a tide of red ink, Eastman Kodak Co. is nearing the end of a potentially lucrative patent fight with tech giants Apple and Research in Motion Ltd. The U.S. International Trade Commission in Washington is expected to issue a ruling Thursday ...
- Fourth Department – Bill of particulars: Harris v. Rome Memorial Hospital, et al.
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Accusations against co-judge: Opinion 22-148
- Fourth Department – Medicaid: Washington Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing Home v. NYS Dept. of Health
- Fourth Department – Criminal possession of a firearm: People v. Wilson
- Fourth Department – Promoting prostitution: People v. Watts
- Second Circuit – Class certification: Arkansas Teachers Retirement System V. Goldman Sachs Group Inc.
- Fourth Department – Show-up identification: People v. Waggoner
- Fourth Department – Association: Victory Village Tenants Assoc. v. Evergreen Communities, et al.
- Second Circuit – In personam jurisdiction: Kaplan v. Bank Saderat PLC
- Fourth Department – Labor Law: Verdugo v. Fox Building Group
- Fourth Department – Out-of-possession landlord: Truax v. M.D. Meyer’s Properties
- Fourth Department – Discovery: Sylvester v. Sanders
- Espinosa named general counsel at Greenlight Networks
- Barclay Damon hires attorney Matt Smith
- Rochester man sues Geneseo police, alleging false arrest, assault
- The Daily Record’s Power List for Intellectual Property 2023
- NY ethics panel says judges can join NRA
- Harter Secrest & Emery LLP names partner-in-charge of Buffalo office
- Banned professor sues SUNY Fredonia leaders
- Hochul signs law requiring unemployment insurance information from employers