The presents are opened and the champagne has been uncorked. We think we are ready for all the fresh starts and resolutions that the New Year brings. Then the mailman brings you a bunch of love letters from a guy named “bill.” Why not make some financial resolutions that are practical and that we can […]
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Republican-controlled House on Tuesday pushed a resolution condemning President Barack Obama for failing to give 30-day notice to Congress about the exchange in May of American prisoner Bowe Bergdahl for five Taliban leaders held at the U.S. prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. The vote castigating Obama came at a crucial moment […]
Monroe County Democratic legislators have submitted a resolution opposing a proposed casino in Henrietta. Legislators would have until May 16 to decide on supporting the resolution, which was submitted by Legislator Justin Wilcox, D-Brighton. Over the past few weeks, it has become clear that there is significant opposition to a potential casino in Henrietta, Wilcox […]
U.S. Rep. Louise M. Slaughter of Fairport has introduced a resolution to commemorate the Professional Golf Association and Ladies Professional Golf Association championships being held in the Rochester area this summer. The 95th PGA Championship will be run Aug. 5 to 11 at Oak Hill Country Club in Pittsford, the region’s oldest course, which has […]
Even though Monroe and Ontario counties are ready to formally oppose stricter gun regulations implemented earlier this year, it appears Gov. Andrew Cuomo is sticking to his guns when it comes to the NY SAFE Act. Cuomo, in response to proposed revisions to the law from Republican state senators, said he is open to “technical” […]
Democrats in the Monroe County Legislature have submitted a resolution supporting Attorney General Eric Schneiderman’s efforts to continue to investigate the financial meltdown and mortgage crisis of 2008 and obtain a settlement that holds those responsible accountable ...
In the nation’s capital, 2010 was a year of ups, downs, uncertainty and — finally — resolution for many issues important to lawyers.
The New York Bar Association sponsored one of the more publicized resolutions to come out of last week’s American Bar Association’s annual meeting in California. The resolution calls on all states, territorial and tribal governments to eliminate barriers ...
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Attorney misconduct: Opinion 22-164
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Independently written bench book: Opinion 22-163
- Fourth Department – Suppression: People v. Saeli
- Second Circuit – RICO: Horn v. Medical Marijuana Inc.
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Uncompensated interview: Opinion 22-159
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Uncompensated guest speaker: Opinion 22-158
- Fourth Department – Negligent performance: Rosenthal v. Syracuse University, et al.
- Second Circuit – Visual Artists Rights Act: Kerson v. Vermont Law School Inc.
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Former foreclosure referee: Opinion 22-157
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – College honorarium: Opinion 22-156
- Second Circuit – Reasonable accommodation: Tafolla v. Heilig
- Fourth Department – Labor Law: Primisch v. Peroxychem LLC
- Appeals court upholds Supreme Court ruling
- Assistant district attorney appointed City Court judge by Rochester mayor
- Murder conviction affirmed despite trial judge error
- NY appeals court upholds conviction in burglary case
- Federal lawsuit reinstated against jail officer over strip search, delayed release
- Hyzon to pay $25M penalty to settle alleged fraud charges by SEC
- NY appeals court reinstates lawsuit over contract to remove snow
- Fourth Department affirms $400K judgment in contract dispute