Rochester City School Superintendent Bolgen Vargas said transportation is not the issue that resulted in a melee near the Sibley building downtown and a reported shot fired shortly before 4 p.m. Sept. 23. But, the school district, City Hall, police department and Regional Transit Service are working to address safety concerns, including possible transportation changes. […]
The Rochester community is on the brink of a monumental construction project with the School Construction Modernization Program. The program will modernize Rochester City Schools and bring hundreds of construction jobs with it. To fill the jobs with local residents, City Council is supporting Academy ROAR, a new program which stands for Reaching Occupational Achievement […]
Rochester City School students and minority law students will benefit from a $15,000 grant from the U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York. The grant, awarded to the Foundation of the Monroe County Bar ...
A team of people wearing Benches on Parade T-shirts visited classrooms Tuesday at Rochester City School No. 23, Francis Parker Elementary, to deliver a book to each student. Benches on Parade donated 5,000 books to the Rochester City School District ...
U.S. Rep. Louise Slaughter this week announced that Rochester City Schools were awarded a $1 million grant from the U.S. Department of Education to support an enhanced history curriculum for students ...
The non-profit Mercier Literacy Program will receive $50,000 from Monroe County for the continued expansion of its literacy program to help city school children learn to read, County Executive Maggie Brooks announced last week.
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Attorney misconduct: Opinion 22-164
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Independently written bench book: Opinion 22-163
- Fourth Department – Suppression: People v. Saeli
- Second Circuit – RICO: Horn v. Medical Marijuana Inc.
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Uncompensated interview: Opinion 22-159
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Uncompensated guest speaker: Opinion 22-158
- Fourth Department – Negligent performance: Rosenthal v. Syracuse University, et al.
- Second Circuit – Visual Artists Rights Act: Kerson v. Vermont Law School Inc.
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Former foreclosure referee: Opinion 22-157
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – College honorarium: Opinion 22-156
- Second Circuit – Reasonable accommodation: Tafolla v. Heilig
- Fourth Department – Labor Law: Primisch v. Peroxychem LLC
- Appeals court upholds Supreme Court ruling
- Assistant district attorney appointed City Court judge by Rochester mayor
- Murder conviction affirmed despite trial judge error
- NY appeals court upholds conviction in burglary case
- Federal lawsuit reinstated against jail officer over strip search, delayed release
- Hyzon to pay $25M penalty to settle alleged fraud charges by SEC
- NY appeals court reinstates lawsuit over contract to remove snow
- Fourth Department affirms $400K judgment in contract dispute