In a split decision, a federal appeals court has affirmed an award in a medical malpractice lawsuit, but denied the plaintiff’s motion to increase the award.
A federal appeals court has ruled that Vermont Law School did not violate the Visual Artists Rights Act of 1990 when it covered a controversial mural.
A federal court has ruled that an injunction limiting “sidewalk counseling” outside Planned Parenthood offices in western New York does not apply to anyone not connected to the original case.
A federal appeals court has reinstated a claim for more than $8,000 that was seized by law enforcement officials in a drug case where the defendant was ultimately acquitted.
A federal appeals court has ruled that a city council’s policy of prohibiting signs at meetings is a reasonable limit on First Amendment rights.
A federal appeals court has ordered a new trial for a man convicted of jury retaliation because of an insufficient voir dire process.
A federal appeals court has dismissed a lawsuit filed by a Penfield man who sought to have his criminal records sealed and refused to disclose his true identity.
The United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit has ordered a hearing on a habeas corpus petition that had been denied by a lower court.
The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit has reversed a lower court ruling and reinstated a lawsuit accusing several New York state prison guards of excessive force.
In a split decision, a federal appeals court has denied a habeas corpus petition filed by a man convicted of first-degree rape in New York State Supreme Court.
A federal appeals court has reversed a jury verdict and a $20,000 award of damages for a prison inmate who complained of overcrowding.
RiseandShine Corp., which does business as Rise Brewing, sued PepsiCo., which sells a canned energy drink under the trademark “Mtn Dew Rise.”
- Fourth Department – Negligent performance: Rosenthal v. Syracuse University, et al.
- Second Circuit – Visual Artists Rights Act: Kerson v. Vermont Law School Inc.
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Former foreclosure referee: Opinion 22-157
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – College honorarium: Opinion 22-156
- Second Circuit – Reasonable accommodation: Tafolla v. Heilig
- Fourth Department – Labor Law: Primisch v. Peroxychem LLC
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Judicial candidacy: Opinion 22-155
- Fourth Department – Defamation: Lavine v. Glavin
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Law clerk: Opinion 22-154
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Review of another judge’s actions: Opinion 22-153
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Charitable contributions: Opinion 22-150
- Second Circuit – Class action settlement: Moses v. The New York Times Company
- Appeals court upholds conviction
- Federal lawsuit reinstated against jail officer over strip search, delayed release
- Hyzon to pay $25M penalty to settle alleged fraud charges by SEC
- NY appeals court reinstates lawsuit over contract to remove snow
- Fourth Department affirms $400K judgment in contract dispute
- Fourth Department affirms decision in NY property dispute
- Greenlight Networks selects Buffalo-based attorney as general counsel
- Barclay Damon hires attorney Matt Smith