ALBANY — U.S. Sen. Charles Schumer is seeking action by the Obama administration to push Russia into an agreement that would protect New York high-technology companies including IBM Corp. The Democrat wants the administration to secure a commitment from Russia to join an information technology agreement. Member countries eliminate import tariffs. Without that, IBM and […]
Sen. Charles E. Schumer was in town Tuesday to announce he is trying to get a $15 million federal investment to fill in a sunken portion of the Inner Loop and promote economic development. He is urging the Department of Transportation ...
More federal money is on the way to help redevelop the former Midtown plaza site where PAETEC was going to build its world headquarters. Sen. Charles E. Schumer announced Wednesday a $2 million grant from the Economic Development Administration.
As part of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, states were permitted to borrow money, interest free, to finance their increasing unemployment programs during the Great Recession. Congress, however, did not include an extension ...
WATKINS GLEN — Sen. Charles Schumer wants to give federal tax breaks to farmers who install manure-to-energy systems on their farms. He visited a farm in Watkins Glen on Thursday to promote bio-digesters ...
Sen. Charles E. Schumer is pushing to resolve the ambiguity in the International Traffic in Arms Regulations to protect hundreds of local jobs at IEC Electronics. Speaking at the Newark plant, Schumer said he seeks to ensure that nationally ...
U.S. Sen. Charles E. Schumer is endorsing Brighton Town Supervisor Sandra Frankel in her campaign for Monroe County executive. “Sandy Frankel has a stellar track record of effective and transparent governance ...
The Senate Judiciary Committee on Thursday unanimously passed legislation to nationally ban the synthetic narcotic known as “bath salts.” The bill, introduced by Sen. Charles E. Schumer, D-NY, adds MDPV and mephedrone ...
In light of a fatal bus crash in the Southern Tier on Sunday, U.S. Sen. Charles E. Schumer renewed his push for legislation to strengthen bus safety and driver training, while continuing his pursuit of a public bus-safety rating system for potential riders to reduce the number of low-fare bus crashes and related fatalities.
NEW YORK CITY — A former Clinton administration lawyer has become the first openly gay man to be confirmed as a federal judge. J. Paul Oetken will become a federal judge in Manhattan when President Obama signs his confirmation. According to The New York Times ...
The Department of Defense’s Defense Logistics Agency will update a spice contract with Career Development Services subsidiary Unistel, a Rochester nonprofit, to more accurately reflect the cost of spices in the world market.
ALBANY — U.S. Sen. Charles Schumer is demanding the federal government issue a plan to fight the narcotics trade over the border with Canada. Last year a federal audit found a long section of border needs more attention to prevent illegal trade.
- Fourth Department – Speedy trial: People v. Jordan
- Fourth Department – Rosario material: People v. Dennard
- Second Circuit – Magnuson-Stevens Act: State of New York v. Raimondo
- Fourth Department – Plea: People v. Davis
- Second Circuit – Revocation of minimum sentence: Bangs v. Walter William Smith, et al.
- Fourth Department – Relation-back doctrine: CHS Inc. v. Land O’Lakes Purina Feed, et al.
- Fourth Department – Unlawful arrest: People v. Burke
- Fourth Department – Attempted criminal possession of a controlled substance: People v. Brown
- Second Circuit – Immigration: Paucar v. Garland
- Fourth Department – Slip and fall: Black v. 465 Payne Avenue
- Second Circuit – Misappropriation of trade secrets: Pauwels v. Deloitte
- Fourth Department – Molineux evidence: People v. Anderson
- N.Y. Court of Appeals reverses murder conviction because of illegal search
- State board approves cannabis lawsuit settlements, paves way for the opening of retail dispensaries
- NY Court of Appeals reverses gun conviction over ineffective counsel
- Split court affirms gun conviction, finding search and arrest were legal
- NY appeals court vacates drug conviction over illegal police search
- Split Court of Appeals strips Police Accountability Board of disciplinary power
- Manslaughter conviction reversed after appeals court finds insufficient evidence
- Rochester-area family sues over compromised medical records