ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — Gov. Andrew Cuomo is set to deliver an annual State of the State address Wednesday in which he’ll outline his vision for progress in New York while navigating a looming $6 billion budget shortfall. The third-term Democrat is expected to tout his biggest past achievements and trumpet a long list of […]
Top state lawmakers in New York are skipping Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s state of the state addresses. Democratic Assembly Speaker Carl Heastie, Republican Senate Leader John Flanagan and Democratic Senate Minority Leader Andrea Stewart-Cousins have no plans to attend one of the six addresses by the Democratic governor next week. Many lawmakers blame Cuomo for killing […]
ALBANY — Gov. Andrew Cuomo delivered a broad election-year agenda in a State of the State speech Wednesday promoting a property tax freeze, tougher anti-corruption laws and a modernization of New York City’s airports. Cuomo is seeking a second term this year and the speech gave him a high-profile forum to promote his first three […]
ALBANY — Environmental groups opposed to natural gas drilling using high-volume hydraulic fracturing plan to make a lot of noise at the Empire State Plaza this week. They plan to form a quarter-mile-long line of sign-waving, chanting protesters along the underground Concourse between the Capitol and the convention center where Gov. Andrew Cuomo is giving […]
Protecting against wrongful convictions was among the many topics Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo discussed Wednesday in his annual State of the State address in Albany. Included is changing the way police conduct interrogations and witness identifications of suspects. Chief Judge Jonathan Lippman commended the governor for taking a bold step in proposing additional measures to […]
ALBANY — A privately funded plan to build the world’s biggest convention center in New York City with 3,000 hotel rooms and an inside track to expanded gambling got a powerful boost Wednesday from Gov. Andrew Cuomo. Cuomo pushed for a development company’s proposal for Aqueduct racetrack in Queens in his State of the State […]
ALBANY — Gov. Andrew Cuomo makes his second State of the State speech Wednesday and faces a bigger challenge than his catalog of political wins in Year One. It’s called Year Two. Writing the script for a second act that will carry over the momentum of a big opening can be daunting. “You set the […]
ALBANY — New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo urged New Yorkers battered by two years of recession to seize the opportunity in Albany’s fiscal and ethical crises to build a better state government and prosperous economy.
ALBANY — Saying "government should be responsive to the needs at the time," Gov. Andrew Cuomo promises a different kind of State of the State address on Wednesday, one less about political pageantry and more about governing in a crisis.
ALBANY — Gov. Andrew Cuomo is planning to mix optimism into his first State of the State address along with plans to overhaul state government. Cuomo is set to announce the first of several mergers of agencies ...
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Attorney misconduct: Opinion 22-164
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Independently written bench book: Opinion 22-163
- Fourth Department – Suppression: People v. Saeli
- Second Circuit – RICO: Horn v. Medical Marijuana Inc.
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Uncompensated interview: Opinion 22-159
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Uncompensated guest speaker: Opinion 22-158
- Fourth Department – Negligent performance: Rosenthal v. Syracuse University, et al.
- Second Circuit – Visual Artists Rights Act: Kerson v. Vermont Law School Inc.
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Former foreclosure referee: Opinion 22-157
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – College honorarium: Opinion 22-156
- Second Circuit – Reasonable accommodation: Tafolla v. Heilig
- Fourth Department – Labor Law: Primisch v. Peroxychem LLC
- Appeals court upholds Supreme Court ruling
- Assistant district attorney appointed City Court judge by Rochester mayor
- Murder conviction affirmed despite trial judge error
- NY appeals court upholds conviction in burglary case
- Federal lawsuit reinstated against jail officer over strip search, delayed release
- Hyzon to pay $25M penalty to settle alleged fraud charges by SEC
- NY appeals court reinstates lawsuit over contract to remove snow
- Fourth Department affirms $400K judgment in contract dispute