Dozens of tickets were given out by state police last week in Onondaga County during a distracted and aggressive driving enforcement detail on Interstate 81. The Troop D Commercial Enforcement Unit conducted 63 tractor trailer inspections, finding 42 violations.
An agreement to allow state police sergeants to work a 10-hour day instead of an 8-hour day has been reached in a cost-savings effort. The agreement, between New York State Police and the police benevolent association representing troopers, will result in sergeants ...
State police out of Clarence and Buffalo conducted a DWI saturation patrol Sunday to coincide with the Buffalo Bills home game against the New England Patriots. Troopers issued 46 traffic tickets, which included three DWI arrests ...
More than 90 percent of New Yorkers are clicking their safety belts on when hitting New York roads, according to a recent law enforcement survey.
New York State Police, in honor of May being Motorcycle Safety Awareness Month, is offering a number of safety tips — not only for riders, but all motorists.
The state police will be stepping up enforcement efforts this weekend in conjunction with the St. Patrick’s Day holiday. Included will be DWI sobriety checkpoints, DWI roving patrols ...
In response to periodic public inquiries, the New York State Police advises state residents that it, or any agency authorized by it, never solicits donations from the general public.
- Fourth Department – Mental Hygiene Law: Charles L. v. State of New York
- Second Circuit – Medicaid and Medicare certification: U.S. ex rel. Quartararo v. Cath. Health Sys. Of Long Island Inc.
- Fourth Department – Waiver of indictment: People v. King
- Fourth Department – Speedy trial: People v. Jordan
- Fourth Department – Rosario material: People v. Dennard
- Second Circuit – Magnuson-Stevens Act: State of New York v. Raimondo
- Fourth Department – Plea: People v. Davis
- Second Circuit – Revocation of minimum sentence: Bangs v. Walter William Smith, et al.
- Fourth Department – Relation-back doctrine: CHS Inc. v. Land O’Lakes Purina Feed, et al.
- Fourth Department – Unlawful arrest: People v. Burke
- Fourth Department – Attempted criminal possession of a controlled substance: People v. Brown
- Second Circuit – Immigration: Paucar v. Garland
- N.Y. Court of Appeals reverses gun conviction
- NY board approves cannabis lawsuit settlements, paves way for retail dispensaries
- NY Court of Appeals reverses murder conviction because of illegal police search
- NY Court of Appeals reverses gun conviction over ineffective counsel
- Split court affirms gun conviction, finding search and arrest were legal
- NY appeals court vacates drug conviction over illegal police search
- Split Court of Appeals strips Police Accountability Board of disciplinary power
- Manslaughter conviction reversed after appeals court finds insufficient evidence