NEW YORK (AP) — New York City is suing T-Mobile for what it calls “abusive sales tactics” at Metro by T-Mobile stores, the wireless carrier’s prepaid phone brand. The city’s lawsuit says dozens of stores sold used phones to customers as new, charged fake taxes and unexpected fees and offered financing for phones that resulted […]
NEW YORK (AP) — BlackBerry is ending its U.S. licensing deal with T-Mobile, saying the companies no longer have complementary strategies. The disconnect appears to be related to a T-Mobile promotion that BlackBerry took issue with last month. In a blog post in February, BlackBerry CEO and Executive Chair John Chen said that T-Mobile had […]
WASHINGTON — Seven state attorneys general have joined the Justice Department's lawsuit to block the merger of AT&T Inc. and T-Mobile USA Inc. The department announced that state attorneys general from New York ...
WASHINGTON — The Obama administration has explained its effort to block AT&T’s purchase of T-Mobile USA by saying it will fight mergers that would reduce competition and hurt consumers. Yet few think the lawsuit the administration filed Wednesday signals a more aggressive stance ...
“Any way you look at this transaction, it is anticompetitive,” said Sharis A. Pozen, acting U.S. assistant attorney general in charge of antitrust, on Wednesday after filing suit to stop AT&T’s acquisition of T-Mobile in U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia.
WASHINGTON, D.C. (AP) — The Justice Department filed suit Wednesday to block AT&T’s $39 billion deal to buy T-Mobile USA on grounds that it would raise prices for consumers. The government contends that the acquisition of the No. 4 wireless carrier in the country by No. 2 AT&T would reduce competition. At a news conference, […]
The Shack has officially switched carriers. Fort Worth, Texas-based electronics retailer RadioShack announced today it has entered into an agreement with Verizon Wireless to provide post- and-prepaid wireless products ...
The office of Attorney General Eric Schneiderman will review AT&T’s acquisition of T-Mobile. The proposed merger would create the nation’s largest wireless company with 130 million subscribers nationwide, opening the door to a near duopoly ...
- Fourth Department – Breach of contract: Hausrath Landscape Maintenance Inc. v. Caravan Facilities Management LLC
- Second Circuit – New York Child Victim’s Act: Kane v. Mount Pleasant CSD; Coe v. Eastport Union Free School
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Appointing law clerk: Opinion 22-149
- Fourth Department – Bill of particulars: Harris v. Rome Memorial Hospital, et al.
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Accusations against co-judge: Opinion 22-148
- Fourth Department – Medicaid: Washington Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing Home v. NYS Dept. of Health
- Fourth Department – Criminal possession of a firearm: People v. Wilson
- Fourth Department – Promoting prostitution: People v. Watts
- Second Circuit – Class certification: Arkansas Teachers Retirement System V. Goldman Sachs Group Inc.
- Fourth Department – Show-up identification: People v. Waggoner
- Fourth Department – Association: Victory Village Tenants Assoc. v. Evergreen Communities, et al.
- Second Circuit – In personam jurisdiction: Kaplan v. Bank Saderat PLC
- Greenlight Networks selects Buffalo-based attorney as general counsel
- Barclay Damon hires attorney Matt Smith
- Rochester man sues Geneseo police, alleging false arrest, assault
- The Daily Record’s Power List for Intellectual Property 2023
- NY ethics panel says judges can join NRA
- Harter Secrest & Emery LLP names partner-in-charge of Buffalo office
- Banned professor sues SUNY Fredonia leaders
- Hochul signs law requiring unemployment insurance information from employers