ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — A new audit from Comptroller Thomas DiNapoli has found problems in how addiction treatment programs use New York’s opioid prescription monitoring system. The review finds instances where administrators failed to check the system to see if patients receiving treatment for addiction were getting opioids from another doctor. Failing to check the […]
NEW YORK (AP) — A new state audit has found the Metropolitan Transportation Authority in New York has lost millions in unpaid tolls. The audit released by Comptroller Thomas DiNapoli Wednesday shows the majority of the unbilled tolls, worth at least $1.6 million, were lost when the MTA expanded the use of cashless tolling last […]
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — New York’s top financial official is warning Facebook, Google and Twitter that they must do more to protect users from fake news, sexual harassment and abuse on their social media platforms. State Comptroller Thomas DiNapoli called on the companies to publicly report on what steps they’re taking to address the problems. […]
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — A new report says more than 200 waterways across New York were impacted last year by billions of gallons of untreated sewage and stormwater. State Comptroller Thomas DiNapoli says in a report released Thursday that the health of New Yorkers and their environment suffers when untreated wastewater spills into rivers, streams […]
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — A report from New York state Comptroller Thomas DiNapoli says that the state received 84 cents for every dollar it sent in taxes to the federal government in 2016. DiNapoli says New York receives significantly less per tax dollar than the vast majority of states. The report estimates that New York […]
ALBANY — The state comptroller has withdrawn two corporate shareholder resolutions after Best Buy and Bed Bath & Beyond agreed to encourage their suppliers to take workplace safety, human rights and environmental compliance seriously. Thomas DiNapoli is the trustee of New York’s $152 billion pension fund for public workers. It owned 770,945 shares of Best […]
New York’s state comptroller cites conflicts of interest, overpayments of contracts that weren’t competitively bid and misuse of credit cards that paid for world travel and even hockey tickets and groceries as proof that the State University of New York Research Foundation needs far more oversight. “For too long, SUNY Research Foundation employees took advantage […]
Among the bills on Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s desk awaiting his signature this week is legislation that would require state agencies to pay interest sooner for late contract payments to nonprofit agencies across the state. The State Comptroller’s Office released a 169-page report last week, breaking down by region nonprofit organizations’ contracts with state agencies, that […]
ALBANY — State Comptroller Thomas DiNapoli said Thursday that New York has recovered less than half the jobs lost during the recession and a weakening Wall Street and global economy make for a gloomy outlook. DiNapoli’s report on economic trends finds an uneven recovery from the recession that’s still hitting many areas hard three years […]
NEW YORK CITY — Wall Street is again losing jobs because of global economic woes, threatening tax revenue for a city and state heavily reliant on the financial industry, New York Comptroller Thomas DiNapoli said Tuesday.
ALBANY — Here’s a politician’s favorite job: Handing out checks. New York state Comptroller Thomas DiNapoli is trying to do just that in events across the state this month to find the owners of $11 billion in unclaimed funds.
BALLSTON SPA — State Comptroller Thomas DiNapoli says the former treasurer of an upstate New York volunteer fire department stole as much as $500,000 from the organization and used the money to buy appliances, furniture, electronic equipment and more than 250 backyard patio stones.
- Fourth Department – Bill of particulars: Harris v. Rome Memorial Hospital, et al.
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Accusations against co-judge: Opinion 22-148
- Fourth Department – Medicaid: Washington Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing Home v. NYS Dept. of Health
- Fourth Department – Criminal possession of a firearm: People v. Wilson
- Fourth Department – Promoting prostitution: People v. Watts
- Second Circuit – Class certification: Arkansas Teachers Retirement System V. Goldman Sachs Group Inc.
- Fourth Department – Show-up identification: People v. Waggoner
- Fourth Department – Association: Victory Village Tenants Assoc. v. Evergreen Communities, et al.
- Second Circuit – In personam jurisdiction: Kaplan v. Bank Saderat PLC
- Fourth Department – Labor Law: Verdugo v. Fox Building Group
- Fourth Department – Out-of-possession landlord: Truax v. M.D. Meyer’s Properties
- Fourth Department – Discovery: Sylvester v. Sanders
- Espinosa named general counsel at Greenlight Networks
- Barclay Damon hires attorney Matt Smith
- Rochester man sues Geneseo police, alleging false arrest, assault
- The Daily Record’s Power List for Intellectual Property 2023
- NY ethics panel says judges can join NRA
- Harter Secrest & Emery LLP names partner-in-charge of Buffalo office
- Banned professor sues SUNY Fredonia leaders
- Hochul signs law requiring unemployment insurance information from employers