WASHINGTON – A federal appeals court upheld AT&T’s $85 billion merger with Time Warner on Tuesday, handing the telecom giant a major victory in its months-long legal battle against Justice Department regulators who had alleged the deal was anti-competitive. The outcome is a significant defeat for the Justice Department’s top antitrust chief, Makan Delrahim, who […]
NEW YORK (AP) — The Justice Department is suing AT&T to stop its $85 billion purchase of Time Warner, setting the stage for an epic legal battle with the telecom giant. It could also create a new headache for President Donald Trump, whose public statements have raised suspicions that he might have interfered with the […]
WASHINGTON — Senators scrutinizing the proposed merger of AT&T and Time Warner homed in on brass tacks with the companies’ CEOs. OK, you say this $85.4 billion mega-deal will enhance, not quash, competition and benefit consumers. Will it actually reduce prices that consumers pay? AT&T CEO Randall Stephenson assured the members of a Senate antitrust […]
NEW YORK — What killed Comcast’s $45 billion bid for Time Warner Cable? Regulators’ desire to protect the Internet video industry that is reshaping TV. A combination of the No. 1 and No. 2 U.S. cable companies would have put nearly 30 percent of TV and about 55 percent of broadband subscribers under one roof, […]
ALBANY (AP) — State regulators will conduct a review of the merger between Time Warner Cable and Comcast to determine whether the union is in the best interest of New York customers. Gov. Andrew Cuomo on Monday said the $45.2 billion merger will be reviewed by the state’s Public Service Commission. The commission will investigate […]
NEW YORK — Time Warner on Wednesday posted a big jump in third-quarter net income, helped by continued popularity of its cable network shows. Chairman and CEO Jeff Bewkes said the company saw a significant payoff during the recent quarter on its programing investments at TNT and TBS, with both networks receiving some of the […]
NEW YORK — Investments in mythical kingdoms, alien invasions and a famously flamboyant musician are paying off for Time Warner. The company, which owns HBO, CNN, TNT and Warner Bros., said on Wednesday that it posted an 87 percent jump in net income in the April-June quarter thanks to spending on quality original programming that […]
A Time Warner customer lacked standing to challenge a search warrant for the disclosure of his Internet service subscriber data, the California Court of Appeal has ruled in affirming a conviction.
NEW YORK CITY — Time Warner, the media conglomerate behind Warner Bros., HBO, CNN and DC Comics. said Wednesday its third-quarter net income declined, but adjusted earnings surpassed Wall Street's expectations thanks to growing subscription ...
- Second Circuit – Class certification: Arkansas Teachers Retirement System V. Goldman Sachs Group Inc.
- Fourth Department – Show-up identification: People v. Waggoner
- Fourth Department – Association: Victory Village Tenants Assoc. v. Evergreen Communities, et al.
- Second Circuit – In personam jurisdiction: Kaplan v. Bank Saderat PLC
- Fourth Department – Labor Law: Verdugo v. Fox Building Group
- Fourth Department – Out-of-possession landlord: Truax v. M.D. Meyer’s Properties
- Fourth Department – Discovery: Sylvester v. Sanders
- Fourth Department – Out-of-possession landlord: Smith v. Marshall Farms Group, et al.
- Second Circuit – Supervised release: United States v. Francis
- Fourth Department – Court of Claims: Santiago v. State of New York
- Fourth Department – Peremptory challenge: People v. Santiago
- Fourth Department – Negligence: Scime v. Hale Northeastern
- NY ethics panel says judges can join NRA
- Harter Secrest & Emery LLP names partner-in-charge of Buffalo office
- Banned professor sues SUNY Fredonia leaders
- Hochul signs law requiring unemployment insurance information from employers
- Appeals court cancels fine against Rochester nursing home
- Deal reached to protect reproductive health care rights at Jefferson County jail
- $1.5M settlement reached in fatal shooting by Canandaigua police officer
- Orleans County lawsuit against Genesee County threatens STAMP development