WASHINGTON — More jobs and cheaper gasoline come with a big, honking downside: U.S. roads are more clogged than ever now that the recession is in the rearview mirror. Commuters in Washington, D.C., suffer the most, losing an average of 82 hours a year to rush-hour slowdowns, a new study finds. Los Angeles, San Francisco […]
The problem is clear: Traffic congestion will become significantly worse and more widespread without big changes in how people and products get around. Build more roads. Build more public transit. Rely on new technology. The possible solutions are many, but none is easy or cheap. A few ways to ease the nation’s gridlock: ___ PUBLIC […]
WASHINGTON (AP) — Federal Communications Commission Chairman Tom Wheeler is broadening the scope of his proposed open Internet rules and suggesting tougher standards for Internet providers who wish to create paid priority fast lanes on their networks. According to an FCC official, Wheeler made revisions after the commission received 35,000 public comments —many of them […]
Speeders in the Ontario County town of Farmington soon may be able to use a drive-up window to pay off the fine as part of a new, larger and more secure town court. Because of population growth, the Thruway that zips through, and the number of visitors who come for the Finger Lakes Gaming and […]
In the first of its kind prosecution in Western New York, U.S. Attorney William J. Hochul, Jr. announces Ryan Breen, 31, of Savannah, is charged with using the Internet to traffic in counterfeit goods. Breen faces up to 10 years in prison and a $2 million fine.
New York state troopers are teaming up with their colleagues across the U.S.-Canada border to ensure traffic safety during the upcoming national holiday weekend in both nations. The initiative, called “Safety Without Borders ...
U.S. homebuilders are seeing a pickup in sales and customer traffic as homebuyers rush to qualify for tax incentives set to expire at the end of the month, and that’s made them more optimistic.
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Attorney misconduct: Opinion 22-164
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Independently written bench book: Opinion 22-163
- Fourth Department – Suppression: People v. Saeli
- Second Circuit – RICO: Horn v. Medical Marijuana Inc.
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Uncompensated interview: Opinion 22-159
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Uncompensated guest speaker: Opinion 22-158
- Fourth Department – Negligent performance: Rosenthal v. Syracuse University, et al.
- Second Circuit – Visual Artists Rights Act: Kerson v. Vermont Law School Inc.
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Former foreclosure referee: Opinion 22-157
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – College honorarium: Opinion 22-156
- Second Circuit – Reasonable accommodation: Tafolla v. Heilig
- Fourth Department – Labor Law: Primisch v. Peroxychem LLC
- Appeals court upholds Supreme Court ruling
- Assistant district attorney appointed City Court judge by Rochester mayor
- Murder conviction affirmed despite trial judge error
- NY appeals court upholds conviction in burglary case
- Federal lawsuit reinstated against jail officer over strip search, delayed release
- Hyzon to pay $25M penalty to settle alleged fraud charges by SEC
- NY appeals court reinstates lawsuit over contract to remove snow
- Fourth Department affirms $400K judgment in contract dispute