Citizens Bank announced Monday that its Community Development Lending Group has provided a $1.85 million construction loan to the Urban League of Rochester Economic Development Corp., a subsidiary of the Urban League of Rochester Inc., for the renovation of Blossom Village Apartments, a 24-unit affordable housing development in Brighton. The Urban League of Rochester Economic […]
The Urban League of Rochester’s Project Ready Post-Secondary Success STEM team won first place at the 2014 National Urban League’s annual youth leadership summit and case competition, “Empowered to Change the Nation: Focus, Motivation and Dedication,” in Cincinnati, Ohio. Juniors Parris Strickland and Tracey Harrison and eighth-graders Anaji Powell and Elliott Poole made up the […]
The ESL Charitable Foundation has donated $12,500 to the Urban League of Rochester to help support its youth intervention mentoring program. A check was presented Monday at Charlotte High School. “Helping students succeed is essential to building a vibrant Rochester community,” said David L. Fiedler, CEO, ESL Federal Credit Union and president, ESL Charitable Foundation. […]
Rochester City Council member Elaine M. Spaull will receive the Outstanding Community Leader Award during the Urban League of Rochester’s 48th annual meeting today at 5:30 p.m. at the Frederick Douglass Resource Center, 36 King St. Spaull is the East District representative and executive director of The Center for Youth, a youth advocacy and service […]
Citizens Bank handed out 350 backpacks to the Boys & Girls Club of Rochester and the Urban League of Rochester on Wednesday in an effort to help local children go back to school with the gear they need to learn.
The Urban League of Rochester on Tuesday honored local high school seniors at its 31st annual Salute to Black Scholars recognition dinner at the Rochester Riverside Convention Center.
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Attorney misconduct: Opinion 22-164
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Independently written bench book: Opinion 22-163
- Fourth Department – Suppression: People v. Saeli
- Second Circuit – RICO: Horn v. Medical Marijuana Inc.
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Uncompensated interview: Opinion 22-159
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Uncompensated guest speaker: Opinion 22-158
- Fourth Department – Negligent performance: Rosenthal v. Syracuse University, et al.
- Second Circuit – Visual Artists Rights Act: Kerson v. Vermont Law School Inc.
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Former foreclosure referee: Opinion 22-157
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – College honorarium: Opinion 22-156
- Second Circuit – Reasonable accommodation: Tafolla v. Heilig
- Fourth Department – Labor Law: Primisch v. Peroxychem LLC
- Appeals court upholds Supreme Court ruling
- Assistant district attorney appointed City Court judge by Rochester mayor
- Murder conviction affirmed despite trial judge error
- NY appeals court upholds conviction in burglary case
- Federal lawsuit reinstated against jail officer over strip search, delayed release
- Hyzon to pay $25M penalty to settle alleged fraud charges by SEC
- NY appeals court reinstates lawsuit over contract to remove snow
- Fourth Department affirms $400K judgment in contract dispute