BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) — Forecasters in western New York are warning of blizzard-like conditions over the next few days with up to two feet of snow, plummeting temperatures and wind chills that can cause frostbite in minutes. In advance of the Great Lakes-fed storm, authorities closed schools in Buffalo and surrounding districts for Wednesday and […]
Meteorologist Kevin Williams examines Rochester’s newly recalculated “normal” average annual snowfall amounts.
How brutal have weather conditions been this spring? Let me count the ways:
Better weather is expected to provide a sunnier outlook for the local housing market, which saw a sharp decline in sales from the end of last year, but is relatively on par with the first quarter of 2011.
The Mount Hope Cemetery Spruce Up, planned for Saturday, has been canceled due to weather forecasts of strong winds, thunder and lightning. Those interested in learning about additional volunteer opportunities at the cemetery should contact the Friends of Mount Hope Cemetery at (585) 461-3494.
WASHINGTON, D.C. — The unemployment rate dropped sharply last month to 9 percent, based on a government survey that found that more than a half-million people found work.
WASHINGTON, D.C. — Aircraft manufacturers would be required to show that small airliners can fly safely in certain icy weather conditions that have proven deadly in the past under a rule proposed Tuesday by the Federal Aviation Administration.
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Attorney misconduct: Opinion 22-164
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Independently written bench book: Opinion 22-163
- Fourth Department – Suppression: People v. Saeli
- Second Circuit – RICO: Horn v. Medical Marijuana Inc.
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Uncompensated interview: Opinion 22-159
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Uncompensated guest speaker: Opinion 22-158
- Fourth Department – Negligent performance: Rosenthal v. Syracuse University, et al.
- Second Circuit – Visual Artists Rights Act: Kerson v. Vermont Law School Inc.
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Former foreclosure referee: Opinion 22-157
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – College honorarium: Opinion 22-156
- Second Circuit – Reasonable accommodation: Tafolla v. Heilig
- Fourth Department – Labor Law: Primisch v. Peroxychem LLC
- Appeals court upholds Supreme Court ruling
- Assistant district attorney appointed City Court judge by Rochester mayor
- Murder conviction affirmed despite trial judge error
- NY appeals court upholds conviction in burglary case
- Federal lawsuit reinstated against jail officer over strip search, delayed release
- Hyzon to pay $25M penalty to settle alleged fraud charges by SEC
- NY appeals court reinstates lawsuit over contract to remove snow
- Fourth Department affirms $400K judgment in contract dispute