A proposed law that would extend New York’s bottle bill to wine and liquor bottles could increase recycling of glass significantly and create a cleaner stream of recycled glass, potentially making it easier to find end users in a tight market. But a study of the potential impacts of that law also suggests the law […]
A Buffalo attorney has filed a class action suit against Delaware North Companies Inc., claiming the food service conglomerate has been short-changing — or in this case, short-pouring — wine-buyers at KeyBank Center. Michael Hayes filed the complaint in state Supreme Court in Erie County on June 4 on behalf of Andy Ochal and thousands of […]
If you get sued over how accessible your website is for people with visual impairments, fix the problems rather than settle the lawsuit, says Robert Duffy, president of the Greater Rochester Chamber of Commerce. His statement was prompted by a wave of lawsuits over website accessibility filed by New York City-area law firms that recently reached […]
New York state has been honored with the title of “Wine Region of the Year” by Wine Enthusiast magazine. The publication cited the quality of wines, tremendous growth of the industry and greatly improved business climate. The award will be presented at the Wine Star Awards gala dinner on January 26 at the New York […]
ALBANY — Gov. Andrew Cuomo says state government will put the promotion of beer, wine and liquor made in New York “on steroids” to boost jobs and help the growing industries. Cuomo along with farmers and orchard growers are meeting Wednesday in Albany for New York’s “Wine, Beer and Spirits Summit.” The aim of the […]
Casa Larga Vineyards received several honors at the 2012 New York Wine & Food Classic competition Aug. 13-14 in Watkins Glen, Schuyler County. The 27th annual awards were based on blind tastings by 23 expert judges who evaluated 752 wines, nine hard ciders and 12 spirits from all over New York. Casa Larga Vineyards won […]
NEW YORK (AP) — Billionaire collector and yachtsman William Koch has lost a lawsuit against Christie’s alleging the auction house had sold vintage wine it knew was counterfeit. A federal judge in New York threw out the case. She ruled that the statute of limitations had run out....
Constellation Brands Inc. said Thursday it is selling an 80 percent stake in its Australian and British wine business to an Australian private equity firm for about $230 million, losing its distinction as the world's biggest wine company.
ROCHESTER — Constellation Brands Inc., which markets Mondavi wine, Svedka vodka and Corona beer, offered a lackluster outlook for its alcoholic drinks Friday as U.S. sales of wine and imported beers remained sluggish ...
VICTOR — Constellation Brands has broken off talks to combine part of its Australian and British wine operations with Australian Vintage.
With the state going bankrupt, Gov. David A. Paterson is pushing a bill that would allow grocery stores to sell wine, and this time it has a chance to pass even though it was squashed ...
- Court of Appeals – Speedy trial: People v. Justice A.
- Fourth Department – Traffic stop: People v. McMillon
- Second Circuit – Fair Labor Standards Act: Abbott v. Comme Des Garcons, Ltd.
- Second Circuit – Plea agreements: Cook v. United States
- Fourth Department: Statute of limitations: Marino v. Weiler
- Fourth Department – Nail and mail service: Rebutting presumption of service L&W Supply Corporation v. Built-Rite Drywall Corp, et al
- Fourth Department – Mental Hygiene Law: Charles L. v. State of New York
- Second Circuit – Medicaid and Medicare certification: U.S. ex rel. Quartararo v. Cath. Health Sys. Of Long Island Inc.
- Fourth Department – Waiver of indictment: People v. King
- Fourth Department – Speedy trial: People v. Jordan
- Fourth Department – Rosario material: People v. Dennard
- Second Circuit – Magnuson-Stevens Act: State of New York v. Raimondo
- Split court affirms gun conviction
- N.Y. Court of Appeals reverses gun conviction
- NY board approves cannabis lawsuit settlements, paves way for retail dispensaries
- NY Court of Appeals reverses murder conviction because of illegal police search
- NY Court of Appeals reverses gun conviction over ineffective counsel
- Split court affirms gun conviction, finding search and arrest were legal
- NY appeals court vacates drug conviction over illegal police search
- Split Court of Appeals strips Police Accountability Board of disciplinary power