A state appeals court has reversed a lower court ruling and vacated a decision to suppress physical evidence in a drug case.
A New York appeals court has reinstated a felony charge by reversing a lower court ruling that dismissed the case on speedy trial grounds.
A New York appeals court has reversed a murder conviction and ordered a new trial because the prosecutor impeached the credibility of his own witness.
A New York appeals court has reversed a rape conviction due to a lack of evidence.
A New York appeals court has ordered a convicted murderer to be resentenced because the judge failed to have a presentence report prepared.
A New York appeals court has affirmed a lower court ruling to suppress evidence in a gun case because of an illegal police search.
A New York appeals court has reversed an animal cruelty conviction because the prosecution changed the theory of how the crime was committed at trial.
A New York appeals court has reinstated a drunk-driving conviction after a lower court judge reversed the defendant’s guilty plea.
A New York appeals court has reversed a burglary conviction and suppressed evidence in the case because of an illegal police search.
A New York appeals court has reversed a lower court ruling that dismissed a drunk driving conviction and reinstated the conviction.
A state appeals court has overturned three vehicle and traffic law violations because there was no evidence presented that the vehicle involved was in a public place.
A New York appeals court has reversed a robbery conviction and granted a new trial.
- Fourth Department – Breach of contract: Hausrath Landscape Maintenance Inc. v. Caravan Facilities Management LLC
- Second Circuit – New York Child Victim’s Act: Kane v. Mount Pleasant CSD; Coe v. Eastport Union Free School
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Appointing law clerk: Opinion 22-149
- Fourth Department – Bill of particulars: Harris v. Rome Memorial Hospital, et al.
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Accusations against co-judge: Opinion 22-148
- Fourth Department – Medicaid: Washington Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing Home v. NYS Dept. of Health
- Fourth Department – Criminal possession of a firearm: People v. Wilson
- Fourth Department – Promoting prostitution: People v. Watts
- Second Circuit – Class certification: Arkansas Teachers Retirement System V. Goldman Sachs Group Inc.
- Fourth Department – Show-up identification: People v. Waggoner
- Fourth Department – Association: Victory Village Tenants Assoc. v. Evergreen Communities, et al.
- Second Circuit – In personam jurisdiction: Kaplan v. Bank Saderat PLC
- Greenlight Networks selects Buffalo-based attorney as general counsel
- Barclay Damon hires attorney Matt Smith
- Rochester man sues Geneseo police, alleging false arrest, assault
- The Daily Record’s Power List for Intellectual Property 2023
- NY ethics panel says judges can join NRA
- Harter Secrest & Emery LLP names partner-in-charge of Buffalo office
- Banned professor sues SUNY Fredonia leaders
- Hochul signs law requiring unemployment insurance information from employers