Monroe County leaders want to limit the number of new, similar items a person can sell to a pawnbroker, secondhand dealer or coin exchange dealer in one year.
An Irondequoit man hospitalized with COVID-19 is seeking a court order that would require doctors at Unity Hospital to administer medication outside of normal treatment protocol for the virus. Michael Gangemi, 63, wants to be treated with two prescription medications, Ivermectin and Fluvoxamine. Both are approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, but for other […]
Monroe County expects enforcement of new legislation aimed at removing off-road vehicles from public roadways to begin in early July.
Monroe County Court Judge Christopher S. Ciaccio submitted the following decision on what he describes as “a simple landlord-tenant issue” as of interest to readers of The Daily Record: COUNTY COURT — STATE OF NEW YORK — COUNTY OF MONROE: ORDER AND DECISION Greythorne Construction Corp. v Robert Allen and Michelle Allen Index No. 2015-10627 […]
Supreme Court, Monroe County Special Permit Local Law Compliance and Review – Arbitrary and Capricious Friends of Pittsford Village v. Village of Pittsford, et al. 2012/13778 Judge Ark Background: The petitioner commenced an article 78 proceeding challenging the 2012 approval of a Special Permit by the Pittsford Village Board for a proposed crossing development at […]
Monroe County Court – Right to Counsel – Attachment – Assignment to Public Defender’s Office – ‘Miranda’ Waiver People v. Rankin 2013-1236 Judge DeMarco Background: The people gave notice of their intention to introduce statements that defendant made to the police. The defendant moved to suppress the statements as involuntarily made. At issue was […]
Decision of Interest: Supreme Court, Monroe County — Same Sex Marriage — Child Custody: Wendy G-M v. Erin G-M
Supreme Court, Monroe County Same Sex Marriage — Child Custody Artificial Insemination — Non-Biological Parent Wendy G-M v. Erin G-M 13-13669 Judge Dollinger Background: At issue in the underlying divorce action, the court was required to determine whether a parent who is not the biological spouse is a parent of a child conceived by artificial […]
Supreme Court, Monroe County — Subcontractor: Kovalky-Carr Electric Supply Co., Inc. v. Hartford Casualty Insurance Company and EastCoast Electric LLC
Supreme Court, Monroe County Subcontractor Pay-when-Paid — Void as Against Public Policy Kovalky-Carr Electric Supply Co., Inc. v. Hartford Casualty Insurance Company and EastCoast Electric LLC 2013-06465 Judge Rosenbaum Background: The defendant is the general contractor for a project at the State University at Brockport. A labor and material payment bond was issued by the […]
Monroe County Family Court PINS Proceeding Specific Intent — School Phobia Matter of Carly M. S-04125-13 Judge Kohout Background: The petitioner commenced a PINS proceeding alleging that the respondent repeatedly failed to attend school. The respondent argued that her habitual truancy from school was not intentional due to her diagnoses of anxiety disorder, depressive disorder […]
Decision of Interest: Supreme Court, Monroe County — Alternative Service Divorce: McKeown v. Frederick
NYS Supreme Court, Monroe County Alternative Service Divorce Constructive Trust — Marital Residence McKeown v. Frederick 12/5505 Judge Dollinger Background: In this divorce action, at issue is whether an alleged promise by a spouse, prior to marriage, created rights and responsibilities under the equitable doctrine of a constructive trust. The parties discussed buying a house prior […]
Rochester City Court, Monroe County Warrant of Eviction Peaceful Enjoyment — Hostile & Aggressive Behavior Rochester Housing Authority v. Ivey NO. LT000273-13 Judge Sciortino Background: The respondent requested the court to make a determination as to whether the petitioner was entitled to terminate his tenancy and have the respondent removed as a holdover tenant. Twenty-one […]
Supreme Court, Monroe County — Not for Profit Law — Elections: Buholtz v. Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra Inc.
Supreme Court, Monroe County Not for Profit Law — Elections Write in Candidates — By-laws Buholtz v. Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra Inc. 2013/01909 Judge Fischer Background: The petitioner, a member of the Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra, commenced a proceeding pursuant to Section 618 of the Not for Profit Law seeking to overturn an election of directors at […]
- Fourth Department – Breach of contract: Hausrath Landscape Maintenance Inc. v. Caravan Facilities Management LLC
- Second Circuit – New York Child Victim’s Act: Kane v. Mount Pleasant CSD; Coe v. Eastport Union Free School
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Appointing law clerk: Opinion 22-149
- Fourth Department – Bill of particulars: Harris v. Rome Memorial Hospital, et al.
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Accusations against co-judge: Opinion 22-148
- Fourth Department – Medicaid: Washington Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing Home v. NYS Dept. of Health
- Fourth Department – Criminal possession of a firearm: People v. Wilson
- Fourth Department – Promoting prostitution: People v. Watts
- Second Circuit – Class certification: Arkansas Teachers Retirement System V. Goldman Sachs Group Inc.
- Fourth Department – Show-up identification: People v. Waggoner
- Fourth Department – Association: Victory Village Tenants Assoc. v. Evergreen Communities, et al.
- Second Circuit – In personam jurisdiction: Kaplan v. Bank Saderat PLC
- Greenlight Networks selects Buffalo-based attorney as general counsel
- Barclay Damon hires attorney Matt Smith
- Rochester man sues Geneseo police, alleging false arrest, assault
- The Daily Record’s Power List for Intellectual Property 2023
- NY ethics panel says judges can join NRA
- Harter Secrest & Emery LLP names partner-in-charge of Buffalo office
- Banned professor sues SUNY Fredonia leaders
- Hochul signs law requiring unemployment insurance information from employers