In a split decision, the New York State Court of Appeals affirmed a gun conviction.
In a split decision, the New York State Court of Appeals has reversed a gun conviction because of an illegal stop of a bicyclist.
The New York State Cannabis Control Board voted to approve a settlement that would allow more pot dispensaries to open across the state.
In a split decision, the New York State Court of Appeals has reversed a murder conviction because of an illegal police search.
The New York State Court of Appeals has reversed a conviction and granted a new trial because of ineffective assistance of counsel.
In a split decision, a state appeals court has affirmed a weapon conviction.
A New York appeals court has reversed a drug conviction and dismissed the charges because of an illegal police search.
New York state’s highest court has upheld a lower court ruling that Rochester’s Police Accountability Board (PAB) has no disciplinary powers.
A New York appeals court has reversed a homicide conviction for insufficient evidence.
A Rochester-area family is suing a nurse for improperly accessing their medical records.
Gov. Kathy Hochul signed the Clean Slate Act, which allows certain criminal records to be sealed years after an individual completes their sentence.
A lawsuit has been filed against a doctors’ group after thousands of patients had their personal information compromised in a cyberattack.
- Court of Appeals – Speedy trial: People v. Justice A.
- Fourth Department – Traffic stop: People v. McMillon
- Second Circuit – Fair Labor Standards Act: Abbott v. Comme Des Garcons, Ltd.
- Second Circuit – Plea agreements: Cook v. United States
- Fourth Department: Statute of limitations: Marino v. Weiler
- Fourth Department – Nail and mail service: Rebutting presumption of service L&W Supply Corporation v. Built-Rite Drywall Corp, et al
- Fourth Department – Mental Hygiene Law: Charles L. v. State of New York
- Second Circuit – Medicaid and Medicare certification: U.S. ex rel. Quartararo v. Cath. Health Sys. Of Long Island Inc.
- Fourth Department – Waiver of indictment: People v. King
- Fourth Department – Speedy trial: People v. Jordan
- Fourth Department – Rosario material: People v. Dennard
- Second Circuit – Magnuson-Stevens Act: State of New York v. Raimondo
- Split court affirms gun conviction
- N.Y. Court of Appeals reverses gun conviction
- NY board approves cannabis lawsuit settlements, paves way for retail dispensaries
- NY Court of Appeals reverses murder conviction because of illegal police search
- NY Court of Appeals reverses gun conviction over ineffective counsel
- Split court affirms gun conviction, finding search and arrest were legal
- NY appeals court vacates drug conviction over illegal police search
- Split Court of Appeals strips Police Accountability Board of disciplinary power