The Daily Record is pleased to introduce our new format for Movers & Shakers, a change we hope provides a fresher presentation of the hiring, promotion and employee recognition announcements at your business or organization.
Sara Rule has been promoted to paralegal at the litigation law firm, Adams Leclair LLP. While serving as administrative assistant to the attorneys, the SUNY Geneseo grad completed the Paralegal Program at Monroe Community College. The Rochester native is planning to apply for law school in the future.
New Hire Renee Segina Moore, Associate, Litigation and Creditors’ Rights Practice Underberg & Kessler LLP Underberg & Kessler LLP is pleased to announce that Renee Segina Moore has joined the Firm as an Associate in the Litigation and Creditors’ Rights Practice Groups. Drawing on her background as a Certified Public Accountant, Renee leverages her audit […]
New Hire Matthew M. Simmonds, Senior Counsel, Litigation Practice Group Underberg & Kessler LLP Underberg & Kessler LLP is pleased to announce that Matthew M. Simmonds has joined the Firm as Senior Counsel in the Litigation Practice Group. Matt is a former Appellate Court attorney who brings extensive experience to the Firm’s litigation team. During […]
Chanel T. McCarthy joined Gross Shuman P.C. as a shareholder attorney. Ms. McCarthy focuses her legal practice in the areas of business litigation, corporate law, estate planning, and employment law. She is a former founding partner of McCarthy Williams PLLC.
Lacy Katzen LLP is happy to announce the promotion of associate Nathan A. Shoff to partner. Mr. Shoff is based in our Bausch & Lomb Place office in Rochester. His practice focuses on estate planning, estate and trust administration, and estate litigation.
Taylor Frank has joined Lacy Katzen LLP. Frank is an associate in the Firm’s Medicaid, Elder Law, and Trust & Estates practice areas, working with clients on estate plan development, public benefits applications, elder law, and asset protection plans. Frank earned his bachelor’s degree from the State University of Geneseo, and his J.D. from Case […]
- Court of Appeals – Speedy trial: People v. Justice A.
- Fourth Department – Traffic stop: People v. McMillon
- Second Circuit – Fair Labor Standards Act: Abbott v. Comme Des Garcons, Ltd.
- Second Circuit – Plea agreements: Cook v. United States
- Fourth Department: Statute of limitations: Marino v. Weiler
- Fourth Department – Nail and mail service: Rebutting presumption of service L&W Supply Corporation v. Built-Rite Drywall Corp, et al
- Fourth Department – Mental Hygiene Law: Charles L. v. State of New York
- Second Circuit – Medicaid and Medicare certification: U.S. ex rel. Quartararo v. Cath. Health Sys. Of Long Island Inc.
- Fourth Department – Waiver of indictment: People v. King
- Fourth Department – Speedy trial: People v. Jordan
- Fourth Department – Rosario material: People v. Dennard
- Second Circuit – Magnuson-Stevens Act: State of New York v. Raimondo
- Split court affirms gun conviction
- N.Y. Court of Appeals reverses gun conviction
- NY board approves cannabis lawsuit settlements, paves way for retail dispensaries
- NY Court of Appeals reverses murder conviction because of illegal police search
- NY Court of Appeals reverses gun conviction over ineffective counsel
- Split court affirms gun conviction, finding search and arrest were legal
- NY appeals court vacates drug conviction over illegal police search
- Split Court of Appeals strips Police Accountability Board of disciplinary power