Appellate Division, Fourth Department Sex Abuse Respondeat Superior — Fiduciary Duty Mazzarella v. Syracuse Diocese, et al. CA 11-02535 Appealed from Supreme Court, Onondaga County Background: The plaintiff commenced an action individually and as the father of four children who allegedly were sexually abused. The plaintiff appealed from an order granting partial summary judgment to the [&hellip[...]
Appellate Division, Fourth Department Sex Abuse Children’s Statements — Cross-Corroboration Matter of Janiece B. CAF 11-01516 Appealed from Family Court, Erie County Background: The respondent father appealed from an order that determined he had abused the children. The father argued that out-of-court statements of the children were not sufficiently corroborated to sustain the determination [...]
Appellate Division, Fourth Department Sex Abuse Out-of-Court Statements — Visitation In the Matter of Lydia C. CAF 10-02013 Appealed from Family Court, Steuben County Background: The father appealed from an order determining that he had sexually abused his child. In addition, the father appealed an order that granted the mother sole-custody of the child and […]
- Second Circuit – Plea agreements: Cook v. United States
- Fourth Department: Statute of limitations: Marino v. Weiler
- Fourth Department – Nail and mail service: Rebutting presumption of service L&W Supply Corporation v. Built-Rite Drywall Corp, et al
- Fourth Department – Mental Hygiene Law: Charles L. v. State of New York
- Second Circuit – Medicaid and Medicare certification: U.S. ex rel. Quartararo v. Cath. Health Sys. Of Long Island Inc.
- Fourth Department – Waiver of indictment: People v. King
- Fourth Department – Speedy trial: People v. Jordan
- Fourth Department – Rosario material: People v. Dennard
- Second Circuit – Magnuson-Stevens Act: State of New York v. Raimondo
- Fourth Department – Plea: People v. Davis
- Second Circuit – Revocation of minimum sentence: Bangs v. Walter William Smith, et al.
- Fourth Department – Relation-back doctrine: CHS Inc. v. Land O’Lakes Purina Feed, et al.
- Split court affirms gun conviction
- N.Y. Court of Appeals reverses gun conviction
- NY board approves cannabis lawsuit settlements, paves way for retail dispensaries
- NY Court of Appeals reverses murder conviction because of illegal police search
- NY Court of Appeals reverses gun conviction over ineffective counsel
- Split court affirms gun conviction, finding search and arrest were legal
- NY appeals court vacates drug conviction over illegal police search
- Split Court of Appeals strips Police Accountability Board of disciplinary power