The company that operates the concessions at the Seneca Park Zoo and three other locations in New York is being sued by former employees claiming they are owed back wages.
A federal judge has ordered a company to repay more than $90,000 that was paid by mistake.
A federal judge has denied a motion to remove one defendant from a lawsuit filed by the family of a parole officer who was fatally shot in her bed by a city of Canandaigua police officer.
A federal judge has dismissed Monroe County Sheriff Todd Baxter from a lawsuit related to a fatal shooting.
A former judge’s law clerk is suing the judge and state officials claiming she was fired because she was planning to become a foster parent.
A federal appeals court has upheld a lower court ruling that found the BMW automobile company liable for a 2015 fire at an Irondequoit home that started in one of its cars.
A fugitive arrested a year ago has filed a lawsuit against the town of Gates and Monroe County Sheriff Todd Baxter because he was injured when police took him into custody.
A federal judge has dismissed a lawsuit against a chewing gum maker accused of false advertising.
A federal judge has declined order monetary sanctions against two prison guard defendants for a delay in discovery materials related to a lawsuit accusing them of beating an inmate.
A federal judge has denied a prison inmate’s request to have his prison sentence cut short.
The city of Rochester has agreed to pay $75,000 to settle a federal lawsuit accusing city police officers of using excessive force.
A federal judge has dismissed a lawsuit filed against a retailer for allegedly selling coffee with false labeling.
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Review of another judge’s actions: Opinion 22-153
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Charitable contributions: Opinion 22-150
- Second Circuit – Class action settlement: Moses v. The New York Times Company
- Fourth Department – Breach of contract: Hausrath Landscape Maintenance Inc. v. Caravan Facilities Management LLC
- Second Circuit – New York Child Victim’s Act: Kane v. Mount Pleasant CSD; Coe v. Eastport Union Free School
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Appointing law clerk: Opinion 22-149
- Fourth Department – Bill of particulars: Harris v. Rome Memorial Hospital, et al.
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Accusations against co-judge: Opinion 22-148
- Fourth Department – Medicaid: Washington Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing Home v. NYS Dept. of Health
- Fourth Department – Criminal possession of a firearm: People v. Wilson
- Fourth Department – Promoting prostitution: People v. Watts
- Second Circuit – Class certification: Arkansas Teachers Retirement System V. Goldman Sachs Group Inc.
- Fourth Department affirms $400K judgment in contract dispute
- Could legislation limiting non-compete agreements kick off a new era of workplace disputes?
- Fourth Department affirms decision in NY property dispute
- Greenlight Networks selects Buffalo-based attorney as general counsel
- Barclay Damon hires attorney Matt Smith
- Rochester man sues Geneseo police, alleging false arrest, assault
- The Daily Record’s Power List for Intellectual Property 2023
- NY ethics panel says judges can join NRA