Monroe County leaders want to limit the number of new, similar items a person can sell to a pawnbroker, secondhand dealer or coin exchange dealer in one year.
An Irondequoit man hospitalized with COVID-19 is seeking a court order that would require doctors at Unity Hospital to administer medication outside of normal treatment protocol for the virus. Michael Gangemi, 63, wants to be treated with two prescription medications, Ivermectin and Fluvoxamine. Both are approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, but for other […]
Monroe County expects enforcement of new legislation aimed at removing off-road vehicles from public roadways to begin in early July.
Monroe County Court Judge Christopher S. Ciaccio submitted the following decision on what he describes as “a simple landlord-tenant issue” as of interest to readers of The Daily Record: COUNTY COURT — STATE OF NEW YORK — COUNTY OF MONROE: ORDER AND DECISION Greythorne Construction Corp. v Robert Allen and Michelle Allen Index No. 2015-10627 […]
Supreme Court, Monroe County Special Permit Local Law Compliance and Review – Arbitrary and Capricious Friends of Pittsford Village v. Village of Pittsford, et al. 2012/13778 Judge Ark Background: The petitioner commenced an article 78 proceeding challenging the 2012 approval of a Special Permit by the Pittsford Village Board for a proposed crossing development at […]
Monroe County Court – Right to Counsel – Attachment – Assignment to Public Defender’s Office – ‘Miranda’ Waiver People v. Rankin 2013-1236 Judge DeMarco Background: The people gave notice of their intention to introduce statements that defendant made to the police. The defendant moved to suppress the statements as involuntarily made. At issue was […]
Decision of Interest: Supreme Court, Monroe County — Same Sex Marriage — Child Custody: Wendy G-M v. Erin G-M
Supreme Court, Monroe County Same Sex Marriage — Child Custody Artificial Insemination — Non-Biological Parent Wendy G-M v. Erin G-M 13-13669 Judge Dollinger Background: At issue in the underlying divorce action, the court was required to determine whether a parent who is not the biological spouse is a parent of a child conceived by artificial […]
Supreme Court, Monroe County — Subcontractor: Kovalky-Carr Electric Supply Co., Inc. v. Hartford Casualty Insurance Company and EastCoast Electric LLC
Supreme Court, Monroe County Subcontractor Pay-when-Paid — Void as Against Public Policy Kovalky-Carr Electric Supply Co., Inc. v. Hartford Casualty Insurance Company and EastCoast Electric LLC 2013-06465 Judge Rosenbaum Background: The defendant is the general contractor for a project at the State University at Brockport. A labor and material payment bond was issued by the […]
Monroe County Family Court PINS Proceeding Specific Intent — School Phobia Matter of Carly M. S-04125-13 Judge Kohout Background: The petitioner commenced a PINS proceeding alleging that the respondent repeatedly failed to attend school. The respondent argued that her habitual truancy from school was not intentional due to her diagnoses of anxiety disorder, depressive disorder […]
Decision of Interest: Supreme Court, Monroe County — Alternative Service Divorce: McKeown v. Frederick
NYS Supreme Court, Monroe County Alternative Service Divorce Constructive Trust — Marital Residence McKeown v. Frederick 12/5505 Judge Dollinger Background: In this divorce action, at issue is whether an alleged promise by a spouse, prior to marriage, created rights and responsibilities under the equitable doctrine of a constructive trust. The parties discussed buying a house prior […]
Rochester City Court, Monroe County Warrant of Eviction Peaceful Enjoyment — Hostile & Aggressive Behavior Rochester Housing Authority v. Ivey NO. LT000273-13 Judge Sciortino Background: The respondent requested the court to make a determination as to whether the petitioner was entitled to terminate his tenancy and have the respondent removed as a holdover tenant. Twenty-one […]
Supreme Court, Monroe County — Not for Profit Law — Elections: Buholtz v. Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra Inc.
Supreme Court, Monroe County Not for Profit Law — Elections Write in Candidates — By-laws Buholtz v. Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra Inc. 2013/01909 Judge Fischer Background: The petitioner, a member of the Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra, commenced a proceeding pursuant to Section 618 of the Not for Profit Law seeking to overturn an election of directors at […]
- Court of Appeals – Speedy trial: People v. Justice A.
- Fourth Department – Traffic stop: People v. McMillon
- Second Circuit – Fair Labor Standards Act: Abbott v. Comme Des Garcons, Ltd.
- Second Circuit – Plea agreements: Cook v. United States
- Fourth Department: Statute of limitations: Marino v. Weiler
- Fourth Department – Nail and mail service: Rebutting presumption of service L&W Supply Corporation v. Built-Rite Drywall Corp, et al
- Fourth Department – Mental Hygiene Law: Charles L. v. State of New York
- Second Circuit – Medicaid and Medicare certification: U.S. ex rel. Quartararo v. Cath. Health Sys. Of Long Island Inc.
- Fourth Department – Waiver of indictment: People v. King
- Fourth Department – Speedy trial: People v. Jordan
- Fourth Department – Rosario material: People v. Dennard
- Second Circuit – Magnuson-Stevens Act: State of New York v. Raimondo
- Split court affirms gun conviction
- N.Y. Court of Appeals reverses gun conviction
- NY board approves cannabis lawsuit settlements, paves way for retail dispensaries
- NY Court of Appeals reverses murder conviction because of illegal police search
- NY Court of Appeals reverses gun conviction over ineffective counsel
- Split court affirms gun conviction, finding search and arrest were legal
- NY appeals court vacates drug conviction over illegal police search
- Split Court of Appeals strips Police Accountability Board of disciplinary power