A state appeals court has upheld a lower court ruling that denied a motion to disqualify a state Supreme Court justice from a case and determined how two law firms would share the proceeds of lawsuits they both worked on. In August 2022, state Supreme Court Justice Catherine R. Nugent Panepinto, in Buffalo, denied a […]
A New York appeals court has affirmed a murder conviction despite an error by the trial judge.
A New York appeals court has upheld a conviction in a burglary case and ruled that the defendant did not unequivocally invoke his right to an attorney.
A New York appeals court has reversed a lower court and reinstated a lawsuit over a contract to remove snow.
A New York appeals court has affirmed a lower court ruling that awarded a payment of $439,499.76 in a contract dispute.
A New York appeals court has affirmed a lower court ruling in a property dispute with a minor modification.
A New York appeals court has canceled a fine imposed against a Rochester nursing home by the state Health Department.
A New York appeals court has reversed a weapon conviction because of “unlawful police conduct.”
A New York appeals court has reversed a lower court ruling in a case where the judge denied a petition from a couple seeking visitation rights with their grandchildren.
A New York appeals court has dismissed a defamation lawsuit filed by a state official accused of leaking information to the news media.
A Syracuse attorney accused of misconduct has been suspended from practicing law for six months.
A New York appeals court has reversed kidnapping convictions and ordered a new trial because evidence in the case was illegally obtained.
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Attorney misconduct: Opinion 22-164
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Independently written bench book: Opinion 22-163
- Fourth Department – Suppression: People v. Saeli
- Second Circuit – RICO: Horn v. Medical Marijuana Inc.
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Uncompensated interview: Opinion 22-159
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Uncompensated guest speaker: Opinion 22-158
- Fourth Department – Negligent performance: Rosenthal v. Syracuse University, et al.
- Second Circuit – Visual Artists Rights Act: Kerson v. Vermont Law School Inc.
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Former foreclosure referee: Opinion 22-157
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – College honorarium: Opinion 22-156
- Second Circuit – Reasonable accommodation: Tafolla v. Heilig
- Fourth Department – Labor Law: Primisch v. Peroxychem LLC
- Appeals court upholds Supreme Court ruling
- Assistant district attorney appointed City Court judge by Rochester mayor
- Murder conviction affirmed despite trial judge error
- NY appeals court upholds conviction in burglary case
- Federal lawsuit reinstated against jail officer over strip search, delayed release
- Hyzon to pay $25M penalty to settle alleged fraud charges by SEC
- NY appeals court reinstates lawsuit over contract to remove snow
- Fourth Department affirms $400K judgment in contract dispute