BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) — Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo says New York state will help the city of Niagara Falls plug a multi-million-dollar budget gap amid an ongoing casino revenue dispute with the Seneca Nation of Indians. The tribe stopped making revenue payments from its three casinos to New York last year after the state approved […]
Gov. Andrew Cuomo is still considering a state-owned island near the brink of Niagara Falls as a possible location for a privately operated lodge. The Democrat last month said he wanted Empire State Development to put out a request for proposals to build a lodge on Goat Island at Niagara Falls State Park. Some preservationists […]
NIAGARA FALLS — The public has gotten a look at the design alternatives for the bridge replacement project will require shutting off the water flowing over the U.S. side of Niagara Falls. A public meeting was held Wednesday evening in the city of Niagara Falls so state officials could discuss their plans to replace two […]
NIAGARA FALLS, Ontario — A man who had threatened to jump off the brink of Niagara Falls was rescued by authorities in Canada after five hours of negotiations. Buffalo-area media report that the unidentified man had threatened to jump off Table Rock near the brink of the Horseshoe Falls on Wednesday on the Canadian side […]
NIAGARA FALLS — Casino operators and local officials in Canada say business is already hurting and worry that if New York approves casinos upstate, both sides of the border could face economic struggles. The Buffalo News reports that competition, a weaker dollar and a more restrictive border since the Sept. 11 terror attacks have already […]
NIAGARA FALLS — The fifth-grader’s question succinctly summarized what students and adults were probably thinking: “I’m not trying to be rude but, are you crazy?” The question was posed to daredevil Nik Wallenda outside Kalfas Magnet School as he described his plans to walk over Niagara Falls on a tightrope. An hour earlier, the seventh-generation […]
NIAGARA FALLS — The city that put Love Canal and Superfund in the environmental lexicon may get back into the business of dealing with toxic waste — this time willingly. With New York considering allowing hydraulic fracturing, or fracking, as part of a natural-gas boom ...
NIAGARA FALLS — Two daredevils who each survived two trips over Niagara Falls in barrels say they should be allowed to repeat their stunts if Nik Wallenda’s request to walk a tightrope over the famous cataracts is approved.
NIAGARA FALLS — The Niagara Falls City Council has endorsed plans for a tightrope act at the famous falls, saying it would give the city a big boost in tourism dollars and notoriety. Daredevil Nik Wallenda still needs the approval of Canadian officials ...
NIAGARA FALLS — The mayor of Niagara Falls, Ontario, has become the first Canadian official to publicly support an attempt by daredevil Nik Wallenda to cross Niagara Falls on a wire, a newspaper reported Tuesday
NIAGARA FALLS — New York lawmakers have voted to allow a member of the daredevil Wallenda family to attempt a tightrope walk across the Niagara Gorge at Niagara Falls. The state Assembly on Wednesday passed a bill ...
NIAGARA FALLS — A bill that would allow a member of the daredevil Wallenda family to attempt a tightrope walk across the Niagara Gorge is making its way through the New York Legislature. The measure was passed last week by the Senate ...
- Fourth Department – Negligent performance: Rosenthal v. Syracuse University, et al.
- Second Circuit – Visual Artists Rights Act: Kerson v. Vermont Law School Inc.
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Former foreclosure referee: Opinion 22-157
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – College honorarium: Opinion 22-156
- Second Circuit – Reasonable accommodation: Tafolla v. Heilig
- Fourth Department – Labor Law: Primisch v. Peroxychem LLC
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Judicial candidacy: Opinion 22-155
- Fourth Department – Defamation: Lavine v. Glavin
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Law clerk: Opinion 22-154
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Review of another judge’s actions: Opinion 22-153
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Charitable contributions: Opinion 22-150
- Second Circuit – Class action settlement: Moses v. The New York Times Company
- Appeals court upholds conviction
- Federal lawsuit reinstated against jail officer over strip search, delayed release
- Hyzon to pay $25M penalty to settle alleged fraud charges by SEC
- NY appeals court reinstates lawsuit over contract to remove snow
- Fourth Department affirms $400K judgment in contract dispute
- Fourth Department affirms decision in NY property dispute
- Greenlight Networks selects Buffalo-based attorney as general counsel
- Barclay Damon hires attorney Matt Smith