A national firm committed to refurbishing and re-creating affordable housing communities is returning to Rochester to embark on another project.
Two new Amazon facilities just 1.2 miles apart on Rochester’s west side are on schedule for the start of operations in the fourth quarter of 2022, the company says. Construction cranes surround the massive 2.6 million-square-foot warehouse and distribution center on Manitou Road in Gates, which rises six stories above the ground. The $412 million […]
Construction is underway to turn the former Hart's Local Grocers building on Rochester's East End into the new headquarters for RDG+Partners.
The coronavirus pandemic has devastated the hospitality industry and exacerbated on some fronts the continuing decline of brick-and-mortar retail, but lenders still have their checkbooks open when it comes to commercial real estate investment. You may not want to propose to your banker an upscale hotel project or luxury apartment building, but development ideas in […]
The tax plan proposed by President-elect Joe Biden could have a major negative impact on the commercial real estate industry. Biden’s proposal includes the elimination of like-kind exchanges, commonly referred to as a 1031 exchange, and would apply to real estate investors earning more than $400,000 annually. Brokers and real estate lawyers say stripping away […]
A state appellate court has put in question two parts of a decision on the Whole Foods plaza litigation, ruling Friday partly in favor of a group opposing the size of the development on Monroe Avenue in Brighton. The decision also upheld parts of the town’s support for the project that groups had challenged. A […]
By TIM REID and TAMMY COX Commercial property management is not for the faint of heart. Good property managers must have several skillsets. They are part construction manager, part accountant, part engineer, part psychiatrist, part interior designer and part landscape architect … the list goes on. For this reason, most owners opt to hire a […]
The online auction for the historic Executive Building at 28-42 W. Main St. closed Thursday afternoon but the result was not immediately announced. A notice on the website at Auction.com noted only: “This property is in escrow. Once escrow has been closed, the auction details will be made available upon request.” The starting bid was […]
A historic downtown office building with a storied past will be offered for auction online this week at a starting bid of $1.6 million. Auction.com set the asking price for the Executive Building at the heart of the Four Corners and will accept offers Tuesday through Thursday, said Daniel O’Neill, senior executive advisor for Pyramid […]
A six-story brick office building in Rochester will be auctioned by the state in December. The state Office of General Services is selling 305 Andrews Street, a 39,600-square-foot brick office building with a full basement. With wireless networking, an attached 50- by 85-foot gymnasium, and a 50-space parking lot, there are more than 37,000 square feet […]
The Seneca County Industrial Development Agency will host a public information meeting next month to discuss the immediate future of the former Seneca Army Depot. The meeting will begin at 10 a.m. on Saturday, Nov. 7, at Romulus Fire Hall, 2010 Cayuga Street, in the town of Romulus. “After two decades of marketing the former […]
The first official retail tenant for Tower280 at Midtown will be Branca Italian Restaurant, opening its second location on the northwestern corner of the tower, occupying approximately 4,500 square feet. The announcement was made Monday by developers Buckingham Properties and Morgan Management. Josh Miles, Branca owner and operator, describes his restaurant as a neighborhood Italian […]
- Fourth Department – Speedy trial: People v. Jordan
- Fourth Department – Rosario material: People v. Dennard
- Second Circuit – Magnuson-Stevens Act: State of New York v. Raimondo
- Fourth Department – Plea: People v. Davis
- Second Circuit – Revocation of minimum sentence: Bangs v. Walter William Smith, et al.
- Fourth Department – Relation-back doctrine: CHS Inc. v. Land O’Lakes Purina Feed, et al.
- Fourth Department – Unlawful arrest: People v. Burke
- Fourth Department – Attempted criminal possession of a controlled substance: People v. Brown
- Second Circuit – Immigration: Paucar v. Garland
- Fourth Department – Slip and fall: Black v. 465 Payne Avenue
- Second Circuit – Misappropriation of trade secrets: Pauwels v. Deloitte
- Fourth Department – Molineux evidence: People v. Anderson
- N.Y. Court of Appeals reverses murder conviction because of illegal search
- State board approves cannabis lawsuit settlements, paves way for the opening of retail dispensaries
- NY Court of Appeals reverses gun conviction over ineffective counsel
- Split court affirms gun conviction, finding search and arrest were legal
- NY appeals court vacates drug conviction over illegal police search
- Split Court of Appeals strips Police Accountability Board of disciplinary power
- Manslaughter conviction reversed after appeals court finds insufficient evidence
- Rochester-area family sues over compromised medical records