Teamsters Local 118 in Rochester has ratified a new four-year agreement with the Greece Central School District. The agreement, covering nearly 800 employees working within the central offices, food service, transportation and facility operations, was overwhelming approved by the membership. Highlights of the agreement include wage schedule increases of 10 percent over the term of […]
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit Contract — Default Ambiguity — Contrary Clauses Karmely v. Wertheimer 12-3781-cv Judges Newman, Winter and Droney Background: The appellants challenge the dismissal of their complaint challenging the foreclosure of collateral for the nonpayment of a loan. The lender issued the agreement to himself and his partner. They […]
A contract for design and construction of a new Rochester train station is expected to be awarded in the fall, now that the federal government has committed $15 million toward the project. The new award was announced Thursday by U.S. Rep. Louise Slaughter of Fairport who called it an important milestone. She said she fought […]
PAETEC has been awarded a five-year contract by the U.S. Army to provide network services, including voice, data and secure Internet access services, to Fort Detrick in Frederick, Md. Fort Detrick serves as the home base for the U.S. Army Medical Research ...
Appellate Division, Fourth Department Contract Damages Seneca Pipe & Paving Co. Inc. v. South Seneca Central School District et al. CA 10-01952 Appealed from Supreme Court, Seneca County Background: The plaintiff sought damages that arose from an alleged breach of contract by the defendant construction company. The court had previously granted the plaintiff’s cross-motion for […]
Jeff Tyzik, the Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra Principal Pops conductor for the past 17 seasons, has extended his contract for five additional years, through the 2015-2016 season.
Before Rochester City School Superintendent Jean-Claude Brizard heads off to Chicago, he needs to work out a legal issue in his contract. The contract Brizard signed in November says it may be terminated by mutual agreement ...
NEW YORK CITY — Mitsubishi Heavy Industries said Wednesday a subsidiary has been awarded a contract by Constellation Energy Nuclear Group to replace an electric generator at the Ginna Nuclear Power Plant in Ontario, N.Y.
Communications product maker Harris Corp. said Thursday it received a multi-year contract worth more than $300 million from an international customer to provide military radios and other equipment.
Fans of television’s favorite yellow cartoon family “The Simpsons,” “Glee” and other popular Fox Network shows may not be too happy next year if an agreement is not reached between Time Warner Cable and Sinclair Broadcast Group Inc. to continue airing the programs locally.
ALBANY — New York state Comptroller Thomas DiNapoli on Thursday rejected a $7.5 billion state contract and is launching an investigation into the agency that agreed to it.
Monroe County will be able to drop its contract with the Center for Disability Rights on Nov. 8, but the agency is considering other legal options. The county, which accused CDR of neglecting clients ...
- Fourth Department – Breach of contract: Hausrath Landscape Maintenance Inc. v. Caravan Facilities Management LLC
- Second Circuit – New York Child Victim’s Act: Kane v. Mount Pleasant CSD; Coe v. Eastport Union Free School
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Appointing law clerk: Opinion 22-149
- Fourth Department – Bill of particulars: Harris v. Rome Memorial Hospital, et al.
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Accusations against co-judge: Opinion 22-148
- Fourth Department – Medicaid: Washington Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing Home v. NYS Dept. of Health
- Fourth Department – Criminal possession of a firearm: People v. Wilson
- Fourth Department – Promoting prostitution: People v. Watts
- Second Circuit – Class certification: Arkansas Teachers Retirement System V. Goldman Sachs Group Inc.
- Fourth Department – Show-up identification: People v. Waggoner
- Fourth Department – Association: Victory Village Tenants Assoc. v. Evergreen Communities, et al.
- Second Circuit – In personam jurisdiction: Kaplan v. Bank Saderat PLC
- Greenlight Networks selects Buffalo-based attorney as general counsel
- Barclay Damon hires attorney Matt Smith
- Rochester man sues Geneseo police, alleging false arrest, assault
- The Daily Record’s Power List for Intellectual Property 2023
- NY ethics panel says judges can join NRA
- Harter Secrest & Emery LLP names partner-in-charge of Buffalo office
- Banned professor sues SUNY Fredonia leaders
- Hochul signs law requiring unemployment insurance information from employers