From June 9 to 13, the New York State Police in Troop T boosted patrols along the 570 mile state Thruway system as they launched “Operation Spring Brake.” The campaign focused on speeding and aggressive drivers in and around work zones. During the campaign, Troop T issued more than 2,500 traffic tickets, more than half […]
Tickets are on sale for the 2013 Defense Community Dinner on Nov. 9 at Rochester Institute of Technology. Keynote speaker will be Supreme Court Justice Stephen K. Lindley, who sits on the Appellate Division, Fourth Department. Another highlight is the presentation of the Jeffrey A. Jacobs and Excellence in Indigent Representation in Family Court awards. […]
State police Sunday issued 97 tickets for various vehicle-and-traffic infractions during a driving while intoxicated saturation detail conducted in conjunction with the Buffalo Bills home game in Orchard Park. Troopers reported three Erie County residents were charged with DWI and other offenses. The detail was conducted by troopers from stations in Buffalo, Boston, Clarence, Warsaw […]
AMHERST — President Barack Obama’s appearance at the University at Buffalo as part of a two-day bus tour later this week will be open to the public, but tickets are required. The president is scheduled to speak Thursday at Alumni Arena on UB’s North Campus. Tickets were available beginning at 5 p.m. Tuesday at the […]
Tickets are on sale for the 2012 Defense Community Dinner on Oct. 12 at the Rochester Institute of Technology. The event will begin with cocktails at 4:30 p.m. in the University Gallery Building 7A, Booth Hall. Dinner will be served at 6 p.m., followed by the presentation of the 2012 Jeffery A. Jacobs Award, […]
All next week, New York State Police in Western New York will be looking for distracted drivers, one of the most serious dangers on the roads — cell phone use while driving, according to Maj. Christopher L. Cummings, Troop “A” commander. The week of April 23 to 29 is “Operation Hang Up” for the New […]
ALBANY — New York officials say about 7,500 drivers around the state have gotten tickets since a tougher law against texting while driving kicked in last July. They say another 111,000 tickets were written for violating laws against using handheld devices behind the wheel. The new law made using handheld devices a primary offense, meaning […]
Dozens of tickets were given out by state police last week in Onondaga County during a distracted and aggressive driving enforcement detail on Interstate 81. The Troop D Commercial Enforcement Unit conducted 63 tractor trailer inspections, finding 42 violations.
ALBANY — State Police have a message to motorists on New York's highways this week: Leave the speeding to the NASCAR drivers at Watkins Glen. Troopers plan to be out in force during the week of Aug. 8-14, declaring it "Speed Week."
More than 150 people in Erie and Wyoming counties were charged from Friday through Sunday as part of the state police’s Occupant Safety details and Sobriety Check Points. State police report throughout the weekend ...
The New York State Police Zone II, Troop A, which encompasses Erie and Wyoming counties, issued 56 traffic tickets on Wednesday. Of those tickets, 15 were issued for talking on a cell phone while driving.
A little-known state law allowing the resale of tickets for profit expired May 15, at least temporarily creating chaos and uncertainty for resellers and consumers doing business in New York.
- Fourth Department – Bill of particulars: Harris v. Rome Memorial Hospital, et al.
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Accusations against co-judge: Opinion 22-148
- Fourth Department – Medicaid: Washington Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing Home v. NYS Dept. of Health
- Fourth Department – Criminal possession of a firearm: People v. Wilson
- Fourth Department – Promoting prostitution: People v. Watts
- Second Circuit – Class certification: Arkansas Teachers Retirement System V. Goldman Sachs Group Inc.
- Fourth Department – Show-up identification: People v. Waggoner
- Fourth Department – Association: Victory Village Tenants Assoc. v. Evergreen Communities, et al.
- Second Circuit – In personam jurisdiction: Kaplan v. Bank Saderat PLC
- Fourth Department – Labor Law: Verdugo v. Fox Building Group
- Fourth Department – Out-of-possession landlord: Truax v. M.D. Meyer’s Properties
- Fourth Department – Discovery: Sylvester v. Sanders
- Espinosa named general counsel at Greenlight Networks
- Barclay Damon hires attorney Matt Smith
- Rochester man sues Geneseo police, alleging false arrest, assault
- The Daily Record’s Power List for Intellectual Property 2023
- NY ethics panel says judges can join NRA
- Harter Secrest & Emery LLP names partner-in-charge of Buffalo office
- Banned professor sues SUNY Fredonia leaders
- Hochul signs law requiring unemployment insurance information from employers