The Daily Record on Thursday honored 15 members of the legal community its 2015 Attorneys of the Year during a ceremony at the Hyatt Regency Rochester.
Approximately 240 people were on hand to honor their colleagues, friends and family members as awards were presented to 13 Leaders in Law and two Top Counsel attorneys.
The top award of the evening, the Nathaniel Award, was given to Mary V. Fisher.
Fisher is a partner at Lacy Katzen LLP. In her more than 30-year legal career, Fisher has earned a reputation as an expert among her peers and a hard-working and patient attorney.
She continues to focus her practice on estate and tax planning.
In addition to her law career, Fisher has been involved with Rochester’s Sojourner House for many years, and served on its board.
She also serves on the board for the Highland Park Conservancy. As a member of the MCBA, Fisher has been active in the Trusts and Estates Section, and served as a member of the Executive Committee. She is currently a member of the Estate Planning Council of Rochester.
Check The Daily Record‘s website later today for more photos from the event.
Leaders in Law Awards honor members of the legal community who have shown tremendous dedication to the legal profession and selfless tireless commitment to the community.
Each year, one Leader in Law is selected to receive the Nathaniel Award, named in honor of The Daily Record founder Nathaniel B. Raymond and presented to a member of the legal community who regularly goes above and beyond the call of duty in the name of justice.
Awards were presented by The Daily Record’s Publisher Suzanne Fischer-Huettner, General Manager Peter Meredith and Dolan Company special products Editor Erin Cunningham.
Recognized as Leaders in Law were:
• Peter H. Abdella, partner, Harter Secrest & Emery LLP
• Philip L. Burke, partner, Woods Oviatt Gilman LLP
• Elaine Z. Cole, president-elect, Foundation of the Monroe County Bar
• Gregory R. Connors, founding partner, Connors & Ferris LLP
• Mary V. Fisher, partner, Lacy Katzen LLP
• Timothy M. Fitzgerald, deputy managing member, Bond, Schoeneck & King PLLC
• Robert L. Galbraith Jr., managing partner, Davidson Fink LLP
• Brian P. Green, senior assistant district attorney, Monroe County District Attorney’s Office
• Peter J. Pullano, managing partner, Tully Rinckey PLLC
• Trini E. Ross, Chief, Fraud and Corruption Section, Criminal Division, U.S. Attorney’s Office, WDNY
• Scott M. Turner, partner, Nixon Peabody LLP
Peter J. Weishaar, managing partner, McConville, Considine, Cooman & Morin PC
• Melanie S. Wolk, partner, Trevett Cristo Salzer & Andolina PC
Top Counsel recognized were:
• Michael E. Davis, associate counsel, Rochester City School District
• M. Aileen Shinaman, senior counsel, Office of Counsel to the Medical Center, University of Rochester
To see more photos from the event, for more information on the awards program, or for information on how to nominate a colleague for next year’s awards, visit our website at www.nydailyrecord.com/attorneys-of-the-year.
– Photos by Vasiliy Baziuk