Monroe County expects enforcement of new legislation aimed at removing off-road vehicles from public roadways to begin in early July.
The Paralegal Association of Rochester, Inc. (PAR) held its Annual Meeting at Joey B’s on Elmwood Avenue May 22. During the meeting, we awarded our 2019 Paralegal of the Year award, welcomed three new members, and elected our new board members: Bobbi Ahearn, President; Nicole Place, Treasurer and NFPA/ESAPA Primary; Karen Klindt. Education/Program Co-Chair (seminars); […]
The MCBA Young Lawyers Section held their annual meeting June 26 and elected new officers and co-chairs for the 2019-20 bar year. From left, sitting: CLE Co-chair Joshua Levitt, Immediate Past Chair Alissa Brennan, Chair Jessica Clemente, Chair-elect Katerina Kramarchyk, Secretary Lesley Niebel. From left, standing: Community Service Co-chair Abigail Giarrusso, Nominations Co-chair Lauren Baron, [[...]
Six attorneys in the Fourth Department were honored Tuesday with this year’s Michael F. Dillon Attorney for Children Awards. Each year the Fourth Department’s Attorneys for Children Advisory Committee selects two attorneys for children from each of the Fifth, Seventh and Eighth judicial districts to receive the award. The 2019 recipients are: Fifth Judicial District: […]
About 300 people celebrated as The Daily Record honored the 2019 Excellence in Law winners during an awards luncheon Thursday, June 6, at the Hyatt Regency Rochester. The 2019 winners were: Top Women in Law Kathryn Bruns, Faraci Lange, LLP Leslie M. Connolly, Harter Secrest & Emery LLP Christina M. Deats, Law Offices of Pullano […]
Harter Secrest & Emery LLP hosted a reception Thursday evening for these law students, the summer associates in this year’s Rochester Legal Diversity Clerkship Program. Left to right: Hailey Trippany (Eastman Kodak Co.); Allana Benton (Constellation Brands); Alexandra Casey (Harris Beach PLLC); Halima Begum (state Supreme Court); Justice Dunwoody (Barclay Damon LLP); Bessie Zhao (Nixon [&hel[...]
Officials from the Monroe County Bar Association and Monroe County gathered Thursday morning for a re-dedication ceremony of the plaque honoring local attorneys who served overseas during World War I in the Monroe County Office Building. The plaque was first dedicated in 1919 and features the names of 112 local attorneys who served in the […]
Harter Secrest & Emery LLP is celebrating its 125th anniversary with a gift of $31,250 to pay for 125 new trees to be planted throughout the city of Rochester. The donation, which includes enough money for one year of care for the trees, was presented to city officials Wednesday morning next to Lake Riley at […]
The 2019 Law Week Awards Reception was held May 2 at the Strathallan Hotel. Honorees included: Outstanding Jurist Award – Hon. Craig J. Doran The Raymond J. Pauley Award – Cynthia L. Snodgrass Charles F. Crimi Award – Janet C. Somes The Justin L. Vigdor Senior Award For Service – Connie O. Walker President’s Award […]
The Wintergarden at Legacy Tower was once again the setting for the Monroe County Bar Association’s Bench and Bar celebration Thursday night. MCBA Executive Director Kevin Ryan and his staff greeted guests as they arrived. Ryan later introduced MCBA President Jon Getz, who in turn thanked the event sponsors, including: Kammholz Rossi PLLC (platinum sponsor); […]
The Monroe County Bar Association’s Lawyers for Learning Committee made its annual fall visit to Adlai Stevenson School on Monday. They delivered about 450 backpacks with school supplies and T-shirts to the kids in pre-kindergarten through sixth grade. The supplies are big help to students and families who can’t afford the folders, pencils, crayons and […]
The Monroe County Bar Association, the Greater Rochester Association for Women Attorneys and the Rochester Black Bar Association sponsored a welcome reception for summer associates in the Rochester Legal Diversity Clerkship Program on Wednesday at the First Federal Building.
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Attorney misconduct: Opinion 22-164
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Independently written bench book: Opinion 22-163
- Fourth Department – Suppression: People v. Saeli
- Second Circuit – RICO: Horn v. Medical Marijuana Inc.
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Uncompensated interview: Opinion 22-159
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Uncompensated guest speaker: Opinion 22-158
- Fourth Department – Negligent performance: Rosenthal v. Syracuse University, et al.
- Second Circuit – Visual Artists Rights Act: Kerson v. Vermont Law School Inc.
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Former foreclosure referee: Opinion 22-157
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – College honorarium: Opinion 22-156
- Second Circuit – Reasonable accommodation: Tafolla v. Heilig
- Fourth Department – Labor Law: Primisch v. Peroxychem LLC
- Appeals court upholds Supreme Court ruling
- Assistant district attorney appointed City Court judge by Rochester mayor
- Murder conviction affirmed despite trial judge error
- NY appeals court upholds conviction in burglary case
- Federal lawsuit reinstated against jail officer over strip search, delayed release
- Hyzon to pay $25M penalty to settle alleged fraud charges by SEC
- NY appeals court reinstates lawsuit over contract to remove snow
- Fourth Department affirms $400K judgment in contract dispute