An Indiana firm is alleging that RealEats executives used fraudulent behavior to induce investment and also failed to disclose impending financial peril.
The union representing workers at Hickey Freeman is accusing the Rochester-based men's clothier of stealing workers' wages and shirking benefit obligations.
There’s a popular adage in the cybersecurity industry that goes: “It’s not if, but when,” meaning the probability that a business will fall victim to a cyberattack.
The owner of Culver Ridge Plaza has filed suit against Regal Cinemas, Inc., alleging the movie theater operator owes $2.15 million in unpaid rent, taxes and late fees.
As the number of houses for sale remained at record low levels in Monroe County throughout 2021, prices continued to soar.
The owners of a longtime Rochester-area Ford dealership are suing the auto maker, alleging the Detroit-based company reneged on an agreement regarding the purchase of another local dealership.
Construction is underway to turn the former Hart's Local Grocers building on Rochester's East End into the new headquarters for RDG+Partners.
Cybersecurity is always a priority for businesses of all sizes, but even implementation of the most aggressive system defense packages, along with advanced employee training, may not be enough to ward off an attack. Cyber criminals have exploited vulnerabilities of systems as well as in work-from-home arrangements during the coronavirus pandemic to hold businesses hostage. […]
When the coronavirus pandemic began, business owners were hoping law firms could help interpret leases, emergency funding applications and insurance policies. Now, with New York taking steps to begin a phased-in reopening of the economy, labor and employment lawyers are being asked a new set of questions. Such as: » What if a worker refuses […]
Vuzix Corp., the Henrietta smart glasses manufacturer, has filed an $80 million lawsuit accusing a Westchester County stock trader of maligning the company to profit from manipulating the stock price. New York City attorney Irwin Weltz filed the suit for Vuzix on April 5 in state Supreme Court in Manhattan against Ricardo Antonio Pearson, who […]
Four area business leaders will be inducted to the Rochester Business Hall of Fame this year. The 2017 inductees are William Levine, co-founder and president, Alleson Athletic; Victor Salerno, CEO, O’Connell Electric Co. Inc.; Robert Sands, president and CEO, Constellation Brands Inc.; and Christine Whitman, chairman and CEO, Complemar Partners Inc. This year’s inductees are […]
With companies holding billions of dollars in cash reserves, 2017 was supposed to be the year of the deal. And a new president touting tax reform was also expected to serve as a catalyst for merger and acquisition activity. But so far, it has not played out that way. As a matter of fact, merger […]
- Fourth Department – Negligent performance: Rosenthal v. Syracuse University, et al.
- Second Circuit – Visual Artists Rights Act: Kerson v. Vermont Law School Inc.
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Former foreclosure referee: Opinion 22-157
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – College honorarium: Opinion 22-156
- Second Circuit – Reasonable accommodation: Tafolla v. Heilig
- Fourth Department – Labor Law: Primisch v. Peroxychem LLC
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Judicial candidacy: Opinion 22-155
- Fourth Department – Defamation: Lavine v. Glavin
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Law clerk: Opinion 22-154
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Review of another judge’s actions: Opinion 22-153
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Charitable contributions: Opinion 22-150
- Second Circuit – Class action settlement: Moses v. The New York Times Company
- Appeals court upholds conviction
- Federal lawsuit reinstated against jail officer over strip search, delayed release
- Hyzon to pay $25M penalty to settle alleged fraud charges by SEC
- NY appeals court reinstates lawsuit over contract to remove snow
- Fourth Department affirms $400K judgment in contract dispute
- Fourth Department affirms decision in NY property dispute
- Greenlight Networks selects Buffalo-based attorney as general counsel
- Barclay Damon hires attorney Matt Smith