Two lawsuits have been filed by a citizens’ group claiming the continued operation of an eastside landfill violates the New York State Constitution.
The Perinton Town Board has appointed attorney Avik K. Ganguly as Perinton town justice to replace Michael Arnold, who retired as of Sept. 30. Ganguly will fill the remainder of Arnold’s term, which ends Dec. 31, 2021. “Avik is an exceptionally qualified professional who has the experience and expertise necessary to serve as Perinton town […]
Perinton Town Justice Michael H. Arnold is proud that, in 20 years on the bench, he never had to bang his gavel. “It’s on TV they bang the gavel all the time. If you need to bang a gavel it means you’ve done something wrong and you’ve lost control of everything,” said Arnold, who is […]
Police investigating the deaths of a man and a woman found in the backyard of a Perinton home, but authorities don’t suspect foul play. The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office says the two, who were in their 80s, were found dead by friends Sunday afternoon. The couple’s names haven’t been released. The sheriff’s office says there […]
The historic hamlet of Bushnell’s Basin offers residents and visitors a shopping plaza, some upscale and chain eateries, convenience stores and gas stations, and a hotel, as well as use of a nearby park. Lately, after the completion of a dock project on the Erie Canal, this section of the town of Perinton that dates […]
The Perinton Hills Office Park had a good run in the 1970s and ‘80s, back when suburban office parks were the rage. Three of the buildings, tucked in a back corner of the development, have not been rented for “nobody remembers how long,” Perinton Supervisor Mike Barker said recently. A Buffalo-based developer is hoping luxury […]
A proposed housing project in Perinton that drew the ire of neighbors is back before the town, although the updated version reflects some of their concerns. A presentation from the developer, Victor-based Pride Mark Homes, is scheduled for 8 p.m. Wednesday before the Town Board. The builder is seeking to rezone nearly 40 acres of […]
Canal pond hockey returns to Fairport on Saturday as the centerpiece of a Perinton townwide Winterfest event spanning two weekends. The event offers participatory and spectator activities in the village and town in what is typically a slow time of year for many businesses. This year, it coincides with repairs to the Main Street liftbridge […]
A decision on a major mix of senior rental housing in the Perinton hamlet of Egypt may not be coming until the end of December at the earliest, as a host of issues are sorted through and addressed before a land rezoning request is acted on. Pride Mark Homes wants to build 28 bungalows, four […]
The town of Perinton is the latest local government to restrict hydraulic fracturing within its borders. The town board unanimously adopted an outright ban this week. Supervisor James Smith said at the heart of the debate is home rule and allowing a community to make decisions in its own best interests. A group called the […]
PERINTON — Authorities have released the name of the suburban Rochester woman found slain in her home last week. The Monroe County Medical Examiner’s office tells Rochester media outlets that 37-year-old Patricia Irish died from asphyxiation and multiple stab wounds.
A national dry cleaning retailer that uses an environmentally-friendly process is coming to the Rochester region. Martinizing Dry Cleaning opened its first store in Western New York on Feb. 7 at 12 Courtney Drive in Perinton.
- Fourth Department – Breach of contract: Hausrath Landscape Maintenance Inc. v. Caravan Facilities Management LLC
- Second Circuit – New York Child Victim’s Act: Kane v. Mount Pleasant CSD; Coe v. Eastport Union Free School
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Appointing law clerk: Opinion 22-149
- Fourth Department – Bill of particulars: Harris v. Rome Memorial Hospital, et al.
- NYS Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics – Accusations against co-judge: Opinion 22-148
- Fourth Department – Medicaid: Washington Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing Home v. NYS Dept. of Health
- Fourth Department – Criminal possession of a firearm: People v. Wilson
- Fourth Department – Promoting prostitution: People v. Watts
- Second Circuit – Class certification: Arkansas Teachers Retirement System V. Goldman Sachs Group Inc.
- Fourth Department – Show-up identification: People v. Waggoner
- Fourth Department – Association: Victory Village Tenants Assoc. v. Evergreen Communities, et al.
- Second Circuit – In personam jurisdiction: Kaplan v. Bank Saderat PLC
- Greenlight Networks selects Buffalo-based attorney as general counsel
- Barclay Damon hires attorney Matt Smith
- Rochester man sues Geneseo police, alleging false arrest, assault
- The Daily Record’s Power List for Intellectual Property 2023
- NY ethics panel says judges can join NRA
- Harter Secrest & Emery LLP names partner-in-charge of Buffalo office
- Banned professor sues SUNY Fredonia leaders
- Hochul signs law requiring unemployment insurance information from employers